Mechanical engineering final year students, graduates and even professionals, often stumbles to find a righteous guide towards acing their INTERVIEW or VIVA. I too as a student, gone through the same. In my 8+ years of industrial career, I have encountered numerous interviews and the ordeal that followed. So here is my effort to make it somewhat easy for you guys. I have compiled 100+ mechanical engineering INTERVIEW/VIVA questions which would surely help you out not only in acing interviews or viva, but also in strengthening your academics.
If you are a mechanical engineering final year/Pre-final year student, a graduate, or even a working professional, this course is meant for you.
More than a hundred questions are discussed from the realm of mechanical engineering. The course is designed in such a way that most of the major subjects are covered as such:
- Basic Mechanical Engineering (BME)
- Manufacturing Science
- Material Science
- Strength of Material (SOM)
- Theory of Machine (TOM)
- Automobile Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics (FM)
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (RAC)
- Heat & Mass Transfer (HMT) & many more...
There are two answers for every question in the course:
- Explanatory Answer - Which contains relatively easy language & practical approach.
- Interview Answer - Bit theoretical (Boring) but can be considered apt while facing Interview/Viva.
The questions are divided into three levels - EASY, MEDIUM & HARD. However you might think a hard question as a easy one or vice-versa. In either case, you are always going to get one thing in return - KNOWLEDGE !!
Who this course is for
- Pre-Final Year mechanical engineering students
- Final year mechanical engineering students
- Mechanical engineering graduates and professionals
- Anyone from mechanical stream who wants to sharpen their interview skills
- Students preparing for their practicals (Viva) in the mechanical engineering stream.
- Very well structured, subject by subject questionnaire ~ Khushi T
- Not just interview questions but also a quick revision of all the concepts of various subjects ~ Elysian A
- Overall this course is good for my purposes. I'm not a MechE, and am going to start a job more focused on mechanical engineering, so this is a good reminder / refresher of concepts ~ Asha M
- i feel the content is amazing. Covers very important (and unheard) questions. The presentation is also good ~ Arnab G
- In my opinion, adding more of fluid mechanics would be great. But overall everything is just top notch ~ Noor S
- Such amazing information combined here. Will be taking more courses of this teacher for sure ~ Diana L
- Great course that covers different mechanical topics that are interesting to any engineer. I really like that I can study sections in order that I want. Quizzes were really fun to solve! ~ Val
- The course is very well structured and easy to follow! Highly recommended ~ Arin T
- Great course! So much useful information! Really happy with it! ~ Diemante S
- I was searching for a good course which gives insights about mechanical engineering interview questions. In a whim I joined this course but I am glad that I did. Bravo on contents !! ~ Prayag S
What you'll learn
- Interview/Viva/Important questions with proper explanatory answers from major mechanical engineering subjects
- Basic Mechanical Engineering (BME) - Explain the term torque, Explain different types of fits etc (10+ questions)
- Manufacturing & Material Science - Define pitting, Why is heat treatment of steel metal crucial etc (20+ Questions)
- Strength of Material (SOM) - Define Buckling Factor, What is Stress Concentration etc (10+ Questions)
- Theory of Machine (TOM) - What is gear ratio, What do you mean by cotter joint etc (10+ Questions)
- Automobile Engineering - What are the various types of brakes, What causes white smoke in two stroke locomotive engines etc (10+ Questions)
- Fluid Mechanics (FM) - What is a Newtonian fluid, Explain the difference between Rotational and Irrotational Flow etc (15+ Questions)
- Thermodynamics - What is the second law of thermodynamics, What is the difference between the heat engine & heat pump etc (5+ Questions)
- RAC & HMT - Explain mechanical refrigeration, What is heat transfer co-efficient etc (15+ Questions)
- Miscellaneous - What is the advantage of using pneumatic, Define least count etc (10+ Questions)
- Basic Physics - Density, Viscosity, Law of conservation of energy, Moment, Buoyancy, Moment of Inertia etc.
- Basic Mathematics - Differentiation, Integration, Partial differentiation, Logarithm etc.
- Basic Mechanical Engineering - Welding, Crystal structure, Metal casting, Fe-C phase diagram, Stress & strain, P-V diagram etc.