Financial statements are traditionally prepared for those with some basic business acumen, but what happens if you are not fortunate enough to have such a background?
Financial statements are rich with very useful information if you know where to look and how to read them.
The goal of financial statements is to empower you to make decisions, this is where using ratios and looking for trends will go a long way in making informed decisions.
This course uses the three main statements, Income Statement, Statement of Financial Position and Cash Flow Statement, to manage the cash flow cycle from purchases to banking the cash.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to effectively read and understand the main financial statements, and have a simple understanding of several key figures.
This course is designed for entrepreneurs, financial and bookkeeping staff wishing to get a basic understanding of how to read and use Financial Statements, Cash Flow Statements and Management Reports to assist in making financial decisions.
The Following Topics are Covered:
- Introduction to Financial Statements and the importance thereof
- Statement of Comprehensive Income
- Statement of Financial Position – Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statement
- How to read Financial Statements
- · Practical Examples and Calculations
Who this course is for
For entrepreneurs, financial and bookkeeping staff wishing to get a basic understanding of how to read and use Financial Statements and Management Reports to assist in making financial decisions.
What you'll learn
- Effectively read and understand the main financial statements
- Read and understand Income Statement
- Read and understand Statement of Financial Position
- Redad and understand Cash Flow Statement
Accounting - Entry Level.