Hi there. I’m Marinda Botha.
Thank you for considering taking this course. The voice-over industry can sound very glamorous but the truth is, it takes a lot of hard work to achieve success in this business.
I have been in the voice over business for 20 years and 8 of those I spent working in the British voice over industry. I now work from my home recording studio, in South Africa, with numerous clients from across the world. I am also a lecturer with 6 years teaching experience. I hope this combination will serve you well.
Now in this course I start off quite technical, looking at microphone technique but then we move on to the essence of voice over performance, which I believe is acting. We look at dissecting your script, using and ignoring punctuation, finding your target audience and unearthing subtext from your script.
What tools do you need to enroll in this course? All you need is your computer and a willingness to learn. YOU DON’T NEED TO BUY A MICROPHONE. To be able to do the exercises, you may use the microphone on your mobile phone, or the one in your computer.
Acting for voice overs can be super fun. You can act the whole day long, even though you may have a bad hair day and want to stand barefoot behind the microphone. You can! All the listener is interested in, is the sound of your voice.
So if you are ready for the challenge and serious about becoming a professional voice actor, please enroll. There are 7 lessons to complete and a bonus video at the end. Hop to it!
Who this course is for
This 7 part course can be taken by complete beginners to advanced students.
- I liked the visualization technique part. I am a working actor and I do this many times while reading over a script ~ P Nickel
- I love the homework scripts that were given during these lessons. They were so fun and challenging. I've been taking online and in person classes for Voice Over and I had such fun with this class ~ J Halliburton
- Definitely a good match for me. It helped to reinforce what I already knew and push me in the direction I need to be going ~ T Geraci
- Informative and gives perspective on how else to tackle the job ~ R Bamba
- This has been a fantastic course!! One I plan on visiting until i have all the techniques down pat! The breathing exercises were something I had not seen elsewhere and have been hugely helpful! Thank you for all your hard work! ~ T Nordloh
- Instructions were thorough and covered a lot of the basics along with a lot of things to consider to provide better end audio recordings. Easily laid out concepts that build upon each other. Definitely a great course to take to start any audio recordings (which means it is great for voice artist reads, but also other audio recordings like podcasts, story telling (audio recordings) and more...) ~ L Buchholz
- I am new to the voice industry and i was very happy with Marinda's course. I came away with some very good advice and definitely a much better understanding of the industry. Thank you Marinda ~ Denan E
- Marinda focused on marking and understanding copy far better than any coach I have spoken or worked with. I appreciate the direction and understanding more than words can say. Thank you ~ Frank M
- I couldn't have asked for anything better this course has helped me greatly. This was precisely the information I was looking for. If you are looking for an amazing course, with an amazing instructor, then look no further. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED 5 STARS!!! (Not only will this course prepare you to become a professional VO artist, but you will become a better actor!) Understand there are 7 steps, but there is plenty of information, so take your time and soak it in. Take notes and do the exercises! ~ Jordan S
- Marinda is very knowledgeable on Voice Acting, and gives several really great tips and resources to further one's education on the subject. I found the exercises to be useful and have started using them in my script reads. I recommend taking the course, especially for beginning voice actors! ~ Evelyn H
What you'll learn
- Express and apply knowledge of the self-directing process for the audio performance.
- Possess a basic command of vocal technique in response to various corporate and commercial voice over scripts and in performance.
- Express working knowledge of the actor’s approach to analyzing the audio script.
- Express and demonstrate a technical know-how on microphone technique.
- You do not need any prior knowledge or experience, other than a hunger for knowledge and the commitment to practice the techniques.
- Students interested in public speaking or those wishing to improve their overall articulation or inability to speak clearly in front of others, are welcome to take this course.
- For this course you don’t need to buy a microphone. To be able to do the exercises, you may use the microphone on your mobile phone, or the one in your computer.