Tempted to Give Up? Here’s How to Keep Going
If you browse through the interviews with some of the most successful people on Earth, you’ll find one common piece of advice shared by virtually all of them:
They never give up on their big goals.
Research shows that grit is a better predictor for success than any other factor. The ability to keep going despite setbacks is more important than your IQ, character or other external factors like your upbringing or surroundings.
But what does it really mean to “never give up”? What exactly is grit? How do you persevere when faced with larger than life difficulties? How do you keep going when you’re at the brink of exhaustion and all your hard work hasn’t been rewarded yet?
I created this course to explore the subject of persistence from a more scientific point of view than cliché self-help sayings. I want to share with you how exactly to stick to your goals according to peak performers and science – not vague motivational advice that assumes we have unlimited strength once we’re motivated enough.
Here are just a couple of things you will learn from the course:
- A crucial piece of advice you can learn from the first people who reached the South Pole. If you make the wrong choice, you’ll burn out – guaranteed.
- What famous American comic Jerry Seinfeld did in his early days of career to keep going. It’s a simple trick that provides huge results.
- What a study on top musicians, athletes, actors and chess players can teach you about achieving results and persistence. The elite performers practice much fewer hours than you believe.
- The most common ways you lead yourself to self-sabotage. Usually, you’re not even aware of how many of your efforts go for naught simply because of the things you'll discover in the course.
- According to studies, this one trait is strongly associated with grit and persistence. Learn what it is and how to develop it in five different ways.
- Five focusing questions to keep going. Asking yourself these questions will help you boost your motivation when you’re at the brink of giving up.
- How listening to others whining makes a part of your brain shrink and affects your ability to persevere when faced with setbacks.
There’s no reason why you should give up if you’re working on the right goal. Learn how to make sure you’ll reach your objectives.
- This course is for people who want to improve themselves and have goals they'd like to achieve.
- No prior knowledge about personal development is needed.
- This course is not for you if you're not willing to make changes in your life or if you don't plan to set any goals for yourself.
- Was very good material delivered in a simple but effective way helping reinforce the good and reminding you on how to identify and deal with the bad ~ J Sheffield
- Really informative. The sub-topics have practical and realistic ideas and solutions towards challenges that come my way to being resilient. Great course content - thank you ~ A Hawaikirangi
- A very inspiring and motivational course. It's perfect for my need to focus on my goal and get into routines. Thank you ~ Carmela R
- It's motivational and inspiring. Great reminder about persistence & reward :) ~ S Forrest
- Yes, it was as I am constantly seeking to incorporate healthy life changing habits. I get stuck in a rut sometimes ~ P Sylvia
- Very inspiring and great advice. Suggestions/plans given in class were very helpful ~ L Schottin
- Great class! This class was helpful and useful. Must take!! ~ J Becerra
- Excellent course full of tips and useful tricks. Loved it ~ Karina C
- Short, to-the-point, filled with actionable advice. If (like me) you feel that you lack grit, and you're looking for a streamlined source of information, I highly recommend this course! ~ J Clancy
- An excellent course! This was a very helpful course for me personally. I can help myself better now that I have the right tools to not give up the next time I have a problem ~ Cassandra S
- The best course ever - the visual pics were very engaging and memorable. A lot of fresh ideas really an excellent course - highly recommend if you need to understand obtstacles to achieving your goals and simple scientific ways to overcome ~ T Tavengwa
- Very good advice! I often struggle with Self-doubt and I now realize I need to use that self doubt to push myself to be a better businessman! ~ P Gruessing
- This guy knows what he's talking about! Seriously, you can't find this kind of information anywhere on the internet unless you look very deep, Some tips and advice are practical, and others are common sense that humans are just too lazy to use ~ B Robinson
- Build grit necessary for any accomplishment
- Know when to keep going and when it's better to give up
- Avoid the most common pitfalls that lead people to giving up
- Keep going despite difficulties and setbacks
- Develop mental toughness to handle difficult situations and persevere without losing confidence
- You need to know that this course requires you to implement the advice shared in it.
- Before you start the course, think of goals you'd like to achieve.