This Business Valuation online course is designed to provide a structured process in measuring a business’ value which will enable both sellers and buyers to agree a selling / purchase price that is acceptable to both parties. This is an intermediate to advanced workshop, and participants should have some knowledge of reading Financial Statements and an awareness of Discounted Cash Flow methodology.
Business valuation is a process and a set of procedures used to estimate the economic value of an owner's interest in a business. Valuation is used by financial market participants to determine the price they are willing to pay or receive to effect a sale of a business. In addition to estimating the selling price of a business, the same valuation tools are often used by business appraisers to resolve disputes related to estate and gift taxation, divorce litigation, allocate business purchase price among business assets, establish a formula for estimating the value of partners' ownership interest for buy-sell agreements, and many other business and legal purposes such as in shareholders deadlock, divorce litigation and estate contest.
The online course is focused on business owners looking to place a value on their business, or that of a target business.
Topics discussed during the online course:
- Why valuation?
- Understanding the drivers of business value
- Understanding how to use Free Cash Flows
- 3 Valuation Methods to arrive at Equity Value
- How to go about valuing a business
- Validating Equity Value using multiples
- Other uses of a business valuation.
Helpful with not only the financial analysis but also the explanation of pitfalls to look out for with valuation techniques ~ David A
- This Video Course provides insight into how to value a business, as well as a proprietary valuation workbook, that step by step, will explain the theory, and also in a practical way, assist you in calculating the value of your business.
- The Video Course will teach you to explore in a non-jargon way, how to value a business, whether you are looking to purchase the business, place a value on your business for the shareholder agreement, or simply to understand what your own business is worth.
Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge – learners should have a basic understanding of reading annual financial statements.