How do your customers see you? Market positioning is at the intersection of your offering and your customers – in the form of both the promise you make in the form of messaging, and customer perceptions of how well you deliver on that promise. Your goal is to uniquely claim a niche in the marketplace that encapsulates the value you deliver to your audience. To help define your claim, this course provides a six-step framework for honing your positioning.
You’ll examine the facets of your business to find the elements you deliver that resonate most with customers, use starter wording templates as a jumping-off point, and validate your work with seven key criteria. Multiple examples from product, technology, and service companies are discussed throughout – including how poor repositioning of one of American’s best-known brands damaged the company.
Workshop exercises will guide you through creation of positioning statements that will form the basis of your marketing and messaging strategy at launch and beyond.
How will customers perceive your products and services? How do you want them to? These two questions are at the heart of product positioning. This course provides a thorough walk-through of key product and service attributes, competitive positioning analysis, and crafting a solid positioning statement for your business.
Positioning for Success
Let's dig a bit deeper to see exactly what investors are looking for in your positioning statement. Investors want to know exactly how your customers will see your products or services.
A great case study from one of the most well known brands in the world, Ben and Jerry's. We will walk through their positioning strategy.
Let's examine the keys to success in coming up with an incredible positioning statement for your business.
The Positioning Framework
You will learn step by step exactly how to position your product or service. In this video we introduce an easy to use framework that walks you through the process.
There are a host of important attributes that you can use to position your product or service. In this video, we will go through each positioning attribute and show you how to apply it to your business.
See how to apply a positioning strategy by learning how companies like Viking Cruises do it for their business. A great case study.
In addition to standard attributes, we highly recommend building custom positioning attributes specific to your industry that you can use to position your business against your competition. These can be very meaningful to your customers and help you differentiate against your competition.
Time to evaluate and rank your attributes ensuring that you use the most powerful ones that set you apart from your competition. Now lets take a look at how your attributes stack up so we can we can use them to your benefit. Each attribute you have picked now needs to be turned into a statement that you can use as part of your overall positioning strategy. How you write this statement will say a lot about your overall positioning statement.
Finally, it's time to write your positioning statement. You can either write a single statement or a bulleted list that reflects your positioning attributes. To make sure you have an excellent positioning statement, we will review some of the common mistakes that many entrepreneurs make.
Time to put pen to paper — or fingers to keyboard. Take a look inside the Prep Worksheet that prepares you to articulate the position of your product or service for your business plan. The key to success is taking the time necessary to deeply understand your business and be prepared to run it — use this workshop and Prep Worksheet to do just that.
I recommend that you download this handy course guide to aid your journey through the course as well as great reference materials for the future.
- I'm not graduate from economic bachelor and English is not my mother tongue. But this course and how Mr. Ken explained the content is really easy to understand for beginner like me. Thanks to Mr. Ken for answered all of my question with a fast and easy understandable answer! ~ Diantini S
- Perfect timing and the insights till now are those that I was exactly looking for.... Excited to learn more ~ Yogen P
- Such an amazing course. You'll be able to understand and create your own business plan and you'll get a lot of valuable advices ~ A Cerimagic
- Lot’s of info in this course. Ken really takes you from A to Z . Just what I needed for my business to take off. Thanks ~ Hugo M
- I'm new to the business world and have been looking for courses with practical guidance. This course definitely provides that and so much more ~ S Slawinski
- So far so good! A lot of challenges I'm facing in my work place Ken has highlighted the root course, which I was not expecting. He is clear, very engaging and breaks down the jargon. He is straight talking, right down to business attitude. I've just completed the first chapter and he's restoring a little faith in me so quite excited to keep learning (I know, I sound like a nerd) ~ Harrie T
- This course is the right match for me as I know some about business but believe in always improving. I also want to make sure I have a solid foundation for my business so I'm positioned right for the new year, and growth ~ E Jollymore
What you'll learn
- What cues can I take from my product or service offering to inform my positioning?
- What other elements of my business plan and strategy are affected by positioning?
- How do companies I know position themselves?
- What role does competition play in positioning?
- How can I identify which elements of the business to emphasize for positioning?
- How can I find out what matters to customers about my offering?