It may seem counter intuitive, but perfection is your enemy when it comes to shaping your product or service strategy. You may want everything to be perfect before you launch, but if you ever hope to start ringing up sales, you need to ruthlessly focus instead on just those elements of your offering that address the core customer need, and build a vision and a plan for development that tests your concept in the marketplace sooner rather than later.
This course offers guidance on how to shape a product or service vision and create strategies to be very customer focused while doing so.
Product Strategy Overview
What is your offering? How will customers find and benefit from it? Your product strategy answers these questions and is the culmination of how you define your product or service. This overview explores how to define your product vision, the importance of a product roadmap, and tips for execution so that you can launch your minimal viable (MVP) product as quickly as possible, yet not too soon.
Voss Water: Case Study
Check out this great case study from Voss Water as we walk you through the evolution of this popular brand of water's product strategy. You might be surprised on how they got there.
Product Strategy Building Blocks
Learn the key building blocks that you will need when putting together your product strategy.
What Investors are Looking for
Investors must see that you have a very well defined product strategy that is easy to understand. Investors invest in things they understand and can identify with.
Keys to Success
Find out the keys to success that you will absolutely need to know when putting together your product or service strategy.
Building a Compelling Product Strategy
With Dropbox as a case example, this video explains how to describe the 'what' of your product at a high-level, the 'where' in the development timeline your product or service sits, 'when' it will be released, and 'how' you'll execute, step-by-step, to release your product or service to market.
Product Vision vs Company Vision
Many entrepreneurs get confused on the difference between product vision and company vision. We want to make certain you are crystal clear on both as you need both to be part of your plan.
Questions to Ask of Your Product Vision
Here are some helpful questions you can ask about your product vision to make sure it is on track.
Let's review some common mistakes entrepreneurs make when trying to defend their product or service strategy. Let's make sure these mistakes don’t happen to you!
Learn the best practices for defending your product or service strategy. Investors will often ask you to do this and you have to know this top of mind.
This course is part of a larger series on creating a winning product strategy. To learn more, you can watch the following courses in this series.
- Define Your Product and MVP (Minimal Viable Product)
- Create a Compelling Product Roadmap
- I'm not graduate from economic bachelor and English is not my mother tongue. But this course and how Mr. Ken explained the content is really easy to understand for beginner like me. Thanks to Mr. Ken for answered all of my question with a fast and easy understandable answer! ~ Diantini S
- Perfect timing and the insights till now are those that I was exactly looking for.... Excited to learn more ~ Yogen P
- Such an amazing course. You'll be able to understand and create your own business plan and you'll get a lot of valuable advices ~ A Cerimagic
- Lot’s of info in this course. Ken really takes you from A to Z . Just what I needed for my business to take off. Thanks ~ Hugo M
- I'm new to the business world and have been looking for courses with practical guidance. This course definitely provides that and so much more ~ S Slawinski
- So far so good! A lot of challenges I'm facing in my work place Ken has highlighted the root course, which I was not expecting. He is clear, very engaging and breaks down the jargon. He is straight talking, right down to business attitude. I've just completed the first chapter and he's restoring a little faith in me so quite excited to keep learning (I know, I sound like a nerd) ~ Harrie T
- This course is the right match for me as I know some about business but believe in always improving. I also want to make sure I have a solid foundation for my business so I'm positioned right for the new year, and growth ~ E Jollymore
- How to develop a compelling product vision that will guide all your stakeholders
- The building blocks that every product strategy must have
- How to craft your product strategy for investors or your CEO
- What elements of my product or service need to be nailed down?
- How is a product or service vision different from my company vision?
- What is an MVP, and why should I do it