Your market’s growth rate is out of your hands — but how you position your business to capitalize on it is entirely within your control. By selecting the most relevant growth rate for your market segment and aligning your company’s objectives accordingly, your projections will hold up under scrutiny and set you on the path toward profits. This course solves the challenge of projecting future growth with a framework for researching statistics, methods for calculating growth rates, and a list of pitfalls to avoid.
Growth rates are relative, so the trick is learning how to position your business in a growth market. This overview covers how to identify which segments and sub-segments of your market are growing, then shifting your business into a beneficial position. This video includes a look at how a skincare business could approach positioning for growth.
Determine Your Growth Projections
Take advantage of the vast amounts of growth data available to you as you craft the market growth story for your business. By doing market research, computing your compound annual growth rate (CAGR), and validating your positioning, you will create an impressive market growth story. This exploration of market growth will help you get it done. Covered are: Deciding where you plan to sell your goods or services, identifying which segments of the market apply to your business, using historical growth rates, and how to validate your growth assumptions.
Researching growth rates can be tricky, so we will provide you with all the resources you need to get the answers you need about your industry growth rates.
The key to a compelling growth rate is all in the positioning. You can make your industry growth rate look amazing even if it isn't so impressive and we will show you how.
One of the most important things about understanding the growth rate for your business is the ability to tell a great story to investors and the outside world. We will teach you the art of telling a compelling story about your growth rates.
Almost every investor will ask you what your CAGR is, so you better know yours. CAGR stands for Compound Annual Growth Rate and we will show you exactly how to calculate it. The good thing is, its easy to do!
We have a great case study that will illustrate step by step how to calculate and present your industry growth rate.
Running into some problems in coming up with your growth rates? No worries. We will help you troubleshoot your problem.
Time to put pen to paper — or fingers to keyboard. Take a look inside the worksheet that prepares you to create the growth projections for your business plan. The key to success is taking the time necessary to deeply understand your business and be prepared to run it — use this workshop and worksheet to do just that.
I recommend that you download this handy course guide to aid your journey through the course as well as great reference materials for the future.
- I'm not graduate from economic bachelor and English is not my mother tongue. But this course and how Mr. Ken explained the content is really easy to understand for beginner like me. Thanks to Mr. Ken for answered all of my question with a fast and easy understandable answer! ~ Diantini S
- Perfect timing and the insights till now are those that I was exactly looking for.... Excited to learn more ~ Yogen P
- Such an amazing course. You'll be able to understand and create your own business plan and you'll get a lot of valuable advices ~ A Cerimagic
- Lot’s of info in this course. Ken really takes you from A to Z . Just what I needed for my business to take off. Thanks ~ Hugo M
- I'm new to the business world and have been looking for courses with practical guidance. This course definitely provides that and so much more ~ S Slawinski
- So far so good! A lot of challenges I'm facing in my work place Ken has highlighted the root course, which I was not expecting. He is clear, very engaging and breaks down the jargon. He is straight talking, right down to business attitude. I've just completed the first chapter and he's restoring a little faith in me so quite excited to keep learning (I know, I sound like a nerd) ~ Harrie T
- This course is the right match for me as I know some about business but believe in always improving. I also want to make sure I have a solid foundation for my business so I'm positioned right for the new year, and growth ~ E Jollymore
- What factors impact market growth rates?
- Which industry and market growth rates are best for me to use to predict how my company will perform?
- Where can I look to find relevant, local growth rates, and how do I evaluate information sources?
- How can I calculate a compound annual growth rate, and why should I bother?
No course requirements.