Once you are able to identify and work with the essential ingredients - the design elements and principles - of interior decorating, you will be able to transform any space. Design principles and elements are the best toolkit for any interior space and all aspects of interior decorating and design is dependent on them. The correct and creative use of design principles will make an interior space feel cohesive and well put together.
All of our courses have been designed to be stand-alone courses and can be done in any order. However, if you are interested in taking all of our courses – we’d like to recommend an order in which to do them (although it’s not required):
- Popular Interior Design Styles and How to Use Them
- Design Principles & Elements in Interiors
- Introduction to Colour In Interiors
- Textiles & Fabrics
- Introduction to Space Planning
- Staging and Styling Interior Spaces
- Simple Guide to Curtains and Blinds in Interiors
- Simple Guide to Furniture Styles in Interiors
- This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn great interior design and decorating techniques
- This course is also ideal for enthusiasts, interior design students and professional interior designers who are new to their field
- The course was excellent, I couldn't get away from it! Well presented! Thank you Melanie ~ A Behr
- Very informative and easy to understand using photos to show examples. I learned a lot from this course! My favorite takeaway- the instructor is from South Africa and kept calling throw pillows “scatter cushions!” It made me laugh and kept me entertained! ;) I enjoyed this instructor and would take another course with her again ~ A Hawley
- Very much enjoyed this course. Easily explained and educative. Enjoyed each section quiz too! Thank you! :) ~ R Dimola
- Amazing and above my expectations. looking forward for more courses about interior design by Melanie ~ Jyoti A
- The examples given and the way it was explained was really helpful and easy to understand ~ Kidist A
- Very interesting and informative, the pictures help a lot to understand the subject and remember the long range. Of course I will listen to the lessons again so that the content is well assimilated. I enjoyed very much! Thanks ~ P Amiel
- Yes, I had never looked into the detail and reasons why things appear as they do. This is giving me some background theory which is fabulous ~ Sisenanda S
- Yes - This course is an excellent match for me. So far, some of the items discussed are things I intuitively do, but am now receiving the formal training ~ L Jefferson
- I enjoyed this course very much and appreciated the visual examples and the quiz at the end of each section. Proportion scale is something i need to work on. The course also confirmed that I have a natural eye and interest of interior design. Need to look into more courses. Well done ~ Deborah A
Design Principles & Elements and how they can be used to create harmonious interiors.
A passion for all things interior design and decorating is highly recommended.