In order to grow a successful business, you must determine the right sales channels for your business. While the market and your competition might dictate which models are currently being used, we have found that exploring new channels of distribution can be a competitive advantage for you.
We are going to take you through eight of the most popular sales channels (both direct and indirect). Those models are:
Online / Direct to Consumer
The online channel is probably the most important selling channel for just about every business. We will review how to build your online presence.
Retail can be a very powerful sales channel for many business, but you must also be certain you can make money using it. Retail is not for everyone.
Direct Sales (Inside and outside sales)
Building a sales team can work great for B to B type businesses and some B to C businesses. However, building a sales team is expensive and requires a lot of sales knowledge.
Using distributors in your business can work really well if you are trying to gain access to particular selling channels. However, there are lots of hidden costs with distributors, so be careful.
Resellers can be a great way to get your product or service out to lots of buyers very quickly, but again comes at a high cost.
The partner channel can be extremely profitable, but it has to be managed very carefully by your organization.
Manufacturers Rep / Independent Rep
Sometimes an independent or manufacturer rep is the only way to gain access to a sales channel. Know whether your business requires this.
OEM / White Label
Want to make a lot of money fast? Then using an OEM or White Label selling model might be just the thing you are looking for.
I recommend that you download this handy course guide to aid your journey through the course as well as great reference materials for the future.
- I'm not graduate from economic bachelor and English is not my mother tongue. But this course and how Mr. Ken explained the content is really easy to understand for beginner like me. Thanks to Mr. Ken for answered all of my question with a fast and easy understandable answer! ~ Diantini S
- Perfect timing and the insights till now are those that I was exactly looking for.... Excited to learn more ~ Yogen P
- Such an amazing course. You'll be able to understand and create your own business plan and you'll get a lot of valuable advices ~ A Cerimagic
- Lot’s of info in this course. Ken really takes you from A to Z . Just what I needed for my business to take off. Thanks ~ Hugo M
- I'm new to the business world and have been looking for courses with practical guidance. This course definitely provides that and so much more ~ S Slawinski
- So far so good! A lot of challenges I'm facing in my work place Ken has highlighted the root course, which I was not expecting. He is clear, very engaging and breaks down the jargon. He is straight talking, right down to business attitude. I've just completed the first chapter and he's restoring a little faith in me so quite excited to keep learning (I know, I sound like a nerd) ~ Harrie T
- This course is the right match for me as I know some about business but believe in always improving. I also want to make sure I have a solid foundation for my business so I'm positioned right for the new year, and growth ~ E Jollymore
What you'll learn
- The advantages and disadvantages direct and indirect channels
- The selling models that will work best for your business
- The keys to success with each of the selling models