Digital painting is an increasingly popular art medium, and it is the dominant industry standard for many entertainment industries such as games and movies. You don't have to be an artist to learn the ins and outs of digital painting. It is a fun hobby and useful for anyone who appreciates art.
This class is intended to demonstrate how digital art works "in general" and to give you a foundation in the process of creating your own digital illustrations with confidence. It's a fun class with lots of examples and demonstrations to help making digital painting fun for everyone.
- Beginner to Intermediate digital artists.
- Anyone curious about digital art.
- Anyone interesting in my painting techniques.
- We will cover a variety of softwares, demonstrated in real-time video with discussion and tips.
- The softwares include Photoshop, GIMP, Sketchbook, and Krita.
- We will see what all of these softwares have in common and where they differ.
- And with these few softwares you should also be able to understand any other software in the world of digital painting.
- After that we will walk through a full digital painting from start to finish.
- The lecturer will show you the most popular standards for creating digital art as well his own preferred techniques.
- We will cover various methods of creating digital art, including the most popular methods used by industry professionals.
- If you want to make great art you should have a computer with a drawing tablet, or a high quality device such as a iPad or Windows Surface Pro.
- Some lower grade tablets and phones will work too.
- Most importantly you should have an illustration application which supports layers.