Supplies you'll need for sculpting:
Sculpey 30-pack: https://amzn.to/2ZoZCRi or Sculpey 12-pack with free purple tool: https://amzn.to/3jZCu3q
Foil: https://amzn.to/33jpMGf or https://amzn.to/33j4ZSW
Sculpting tools (highly recommended - usually under $12): https://amzn.to/2RhdFny
Clay Roller: https://amzn.to/2Nc3S3a
Sculpting tools (usually under $12): https://amzn.to/2RhdFny
Acrylic Matte Finish: https://amzn.to/2YmEoT9
(Just a word of warning on the spray, some people don’t recommend it because it can make a project sticky. This brand has worked well for my wands to give it just enough sheen without it being really glossy, but it does give the project a slightly different feel to it.)
How to sculpt (basic, easy to follow, step-by-step instructions)
- Use something as a base. Aluminum foil is great for shaping and giving a lightweight understructure. Also, it could be a stick or rod like for things like Harry Potter wands or sword replicas.
- Cover the foil (or whatever you are using as an understructure) with your base color clay.
- Build up any areas that need a little more shaping not provided by the understructure or clay base coat (like the shape of bulging out cheeks, or a fat belly)
- Add the extra elements that give it the final details such as the ears, paws, claws, intricate detail, etc.
- Lastly, add texture as needed. If sculpting hair or fur put cut marks or lines flowing in the proper direction. Sometimes it's cutting simple lines or putting small dents throughout (like Dumbledore's wand).
BAKING INSTRUCTIONS: Bake at 275˚ for 15 minutes.
- Put in bottom shelf of oven in a foil envelope that is sealed on all sides.
- Turn oven on to 275˚ with project already in the oven.
- Once oven reaches 275˚ set timer for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, turn off oven, but leave project inside until for another 20 minutes or so.
Want to buy the sculpt in this video? Check out our store here: https://www.watchmesculpt.com/store/p2/Original_Watch_Me_Sculpt_Sculpture_-_Hedwig.html
or send me an email to see if it’s still available.
#learntosculpt #onlineartclass #artforkids #sculptingclass #digitallearning #distancelearning #sculptingclassforkids #sculpt #sculpture #sculpting #funartclass #artclass #ad #thingsforkidstodo #sculptingfun #kidsartclass #onlinesculptclass #sculptingclasses #harrypotter #disney #animals #howtosculpt
Buy this cool game: What The Film?! - art is by one of our awesome artists, Cathleen Abalos! https://amzn.to/2XS6wxj
What you'll learn
- Learn to sculpt a complex character using basic shapes.
- Increase fine motor skills and coordination.
- Sculpting is actually an acquired skill, not necessarily a talent. Practice does indeed make perfect-ish.
Be ready to have fun!