I believe in proper flight planning, and I believe that it is an overlooked skill within the current drone education system.
Flight Planning can literally be the difference between saving a life and losing one, and it's important to know how to do it properly so as to avoid any such circumstances!
This course teaches you everything that proper flight planning entails: how to find legal documents, where to learn about regulations, how to read aeronautical charts, and even more. In this course, we dive into everything to do with drone planning that you could possibly imagine, right down to the absolute basics!
Some of the topics that will be looked at include technical drone information, aviation documentation, air law, airspaces, aeronautical charts, risk assessment, emergency response, and so much more - and it's done to an international standard.
My name is Josh. I am a SACAA accredited drone instructor. Having worked in the industry for over 4 years, I know what information is lacking in the industry and I know that it's the most vital information of all!
If you fly drones, you should know how to plan your missions properly, period. If you are still nervous to fly by yourself, or you want to better understand flight planning, join me on this course.
Who this course is for
- If you want to become part of the drone industry, do this course.
- If you hold a license but feel ill-equipped for your next skills test.
- Drone operators who get nervous when they want to fly their drone.
- Anybody who doesn't know about drones but wants to start.
- Josh is my personal instructor. What a knowledgeable young man who knows his field very well. He has patience and a wicked sense of humor. He is a credit to his ATO (Aviation Training Organisation). Keep it up Josh ~ Riaan Van Zyl (South African Police Service)
- Learned so much and I find it easy to keep up with the new terms and information given. Thanx for being a great instructor ~ Henriette Whiteley (South African Police Service)
- Thank you so much for the detailed lesson. I now have a better understanding of how to use Google Earth as I had difficulty doing so previously. I would highly recommend this course to anyone wanting to start a career in the aviation industry. Thank you once again ~ Mishkaah Cassiem (South African Police Service)
- Very informative. Good for beginners and those hoping to renew their licenses. Map and chart reading is top notch ~ Naison Kombo (National Drone Pilot)
- This is the simpliest and most effective way of presenting this subject, Josh really knows his stuff. Already thinking about joining the next course ~ Aobakwe Mothibi (Student Drone Pilot)
- Well done Josh, good and easily understandable course. Covered all uncertain aspects for RPL/RPC renewals! ~ Paul (Drone Pilot And Operator)
What you'll learn
- Safely and legally plan a drone flight, no matter where you are in the world!
- Plan flights according to your regulations, equipment limitations, and airspace restrictions.
- Navigate resources of information to help establish the proper way to operate a drone.
- Plan a flight using information that is often overlooked or not dug into in ATOs/schools.
- Identify and know how to safely execute a drone mission from start to finish.
- No previous flight or drone handling experience needed.
- Recommended to have a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer - most efficient.
- Needs to have wifi or data to utilise this course to it's fullest extent.