The basic principles of high voltage transformers, from a protection & control perspective.
Electromagnetic forces interact with electrically charged particles and electromagnetic fields; this course will study how these forces lead to voltage & current transformation. Ratios and polarity is also studied leading to the introduction of potential transformers & current transformers, and their use in conjunction with the relevant instruments such as ammeters, voltmeters, watt meters and energy meters.
Transformer core construction along with losses & cooling mitigation techniques. 3 phase transformer configurations are studied along with harmonic distortion, CT saturation and on-load tap-changer problems and how these problems are dealt with. Over-current and restraint differential transformer protection is developed along with a look at some examples of " Old School relays" as well as modern IDE (intelligent Electrical Devices) relays.
Transformer Connections: (Y – Y; Delta - Delta; Y - Delta; Delta - Y & Y - Zag Zig) are examined along with Transformer Clock System Vector Nomenclature.
Oil Analysis and the Buchholz Relay are also studied.
- Electrical Students.
- Detailed explanations but good balance with the practical aspects also ~ Michael W
- Good course content with good moving diagrams to explain concepts ~ Willie L
- This is a great course for beginners and post graduate students, the level of explanation is very easy to understand. Very recommended course ~ Milton R
- Very knowledgable and easy to understand and take in ~ D Taylor
- Very good course, the author's pedagogy makes it easy to tackle a very complex subject ~ V De La Torre
- The instructor is excellent. I would recommend all his courses as I have bought them all. He is so passionate and so responsive. He provides his students with in-depth knowledge and attempt to arm them with the best skills to master the power engineering profession. They are few professionals like him who back their practical teachings with profound theoretical teachings. I am looking forward to his future courses and I hope he will produce tons of them ~ H Al Radhwan
- Voltage & Current Transformation
- Ratios and Polarity
- Potential & Current Transformers
- 3 Phase Transformers Construction
- Transformer Classifications
- Losses & Cooling
- Per Unit.
Basic Electrical; Mathematics; Trigonometry.