Aside from professional or technical skills, I believe that facilitation is one of the most important skills you can possess in business.
Facilitation is fun and empowering. It is a skill that will really boost your self-confidence and give you internal strength that will help you in many areas from interviews to presentations to working with teams.
This course will help you.
In business, facilitation is about being an intermediary through whom discussions and actions can be coordinated more easily; and decisions reached more efficiently.
Business facilitation comprises two elements:
- Providing a structure for the session that encourages a breadth of thinking, and engages everyone in the group
- Creating a safe environment for people to air views and work together in a spirit of cooperation and trust
This course, Facilitating High Performing Meetings, will cover everything you need to develop effective facilitation skills including the principles of good facilitation; planning a facilitation session; generating and refining ideas; action planning; and giving feedback.
It takes skill, patience and emotional intelligence to be a good facilitator. The most important part of the role is to balance the personalities and agendas of the participants to ensure everyone can contribute in an environment of openness and support.
This course will help you. I hope you enjoy it.
- Anyone who wants to improve their facilitation skills
- Business Management students
- Managers and staff in organisations
- The principles of good facilitation
- The skills of a good facilitator
- How create an environment of trust, creativity and involvement
- How to plan a facilitation session
- The key elements of facilitation in a meeting
- Generating and refining improvement ideas
- Action Planning
- How to keep your facilitation fresh
- How to give feedback
There are no pre-course requirements.