How to Develop Self-Discipline, Resist Temptations and Reach Your Long-Terms Goals
If you want to make positive changes in your life and achieve your long-term goals, I can’t think of a better way to do it than to learn how to become more self-disciplined.
Science has figured out a lot of interesting aspects of self-discipline and willpower, but most of this knowledge is buried deep inside long and boring scientific papers.
If you’d like to benefit from these studies without actually reading them, this course is for you.
I’ve done the job for you and researched the most useful and viable scientific findings that will help you improve your self-discipline.
Here are just a couple of things you will learn from the course:
- What a bank robber with lemon juice on his face can teach you about self-control. The story will make you laugh out loud, but its implications will make you think twice about your ability to control your urges.
- How $50 chocolate bars can motivate you to keep going when faced with an overwhelming temptation to give in.
- Why President Obama wears only gray and blue suits and what it has to do with self-control (it’s also a possible reason why the poor stay poor).
- Why the popular way of visualization can actually prevent you from reaching your goals and destroy your self-control (and what to do instead).
- What dopamine is and why it’s crucial to understand its role to break your bad habits and form good ones.
- Practical ways to train your self-discipline. Discover some of the most important techniques to increase your self-control and become better at resisting instant gratification.
- Why the status quo bias will threaten your goals and what to do to reduce its effect on your resolutions.
- Why extreme diets help people achieve long-term results, and how to apply these findings in your own life.
- Why and when indulging yourself can actually help you build your self-discipline. Yes, you can stuff yourself (from time to time) and still lose weight.
Instead of sharing with you the detailed "why" (with confusing and boring descriptions of studies), I will share with you the "how" – advice that will change your life if you decide to follow it.
You too can master the art of self-discipline and learn how to resist temptations. Your long term goals are worth it.
Who this course is for
- The course is best suited for people who are interested in bettering themselves
- The course is NOT for people who are looking for a magic pill and aren't willing to act on the knowledge shared inside
- No experience with self-help courses or any specific skills are required, you only need willingness to make changes in your life
- This concise course helped me to understand how to encourage myself to achieve the goal. Pictorial representation was captivating and engaging. Thank you ~ A Pradhan
- The course gives a clarity on what the problems are and solutions to those problems which you encounter when trying to achieve your goals. Most of the times people are unaware that the problem they face can be handled very easily through simple techniques. Many such methods are outlined in this course ~ Ravi Teja Sai K
- I really enjoyed this course, great ideas on self discipline. I need motivation and I feel these suggestions will help ~ D Lenard
- A good summary of proven concepts to build self-discipline - short enough to revisit periodically and recall helpful information ~ S Gnuechwitz
- This course provides simple, common, and relatable illustration about self-discipline that resulted to better understanding ~ J Marquez
- This is very helpful due to I have tried some techniques but always end up dropping and replacing it for others without completing any ~ A Molina
- I'm enjoying this video due to variations in tone from the instructor coupled with easy to follow, active graphics ~ R Bettis
- Yes I can definitely apply this to my life ~ E Burke
- This is informative. Bought to my attention my weak areas and how to fix/correct. I feel better equipped to set realistic goals ~ Carole F
- This is a different take on goal planning that I find may be useful to me ~ Debra L
- It is a good match for me because, yes, I am tempted my chocolate, and I have a few other bad habits, like procrastination ~ A Francesca
- Exactly what I am working on in my personal life at this time. Very enlightening, and reinforces my new beliefs ~ M Whitman
- Loved it! Although a lot of the ideas are for me already known, it's not only a good reminder but feels so good to have your ideas reinforced by a specialist. Very well organized and presented ~ Lavrinencu
What you'll learn
- How to break your bad habits and form new, positive ones
- How to escape the status quo bias that makes people avoid making changes in their lives
- How to train your self-discipline to become a true master of your willpower
- How to use strategic indulging to improve your diet adherence
You should know that no self-help course will change your life until you implement the advice.