A nascent trend can be wind in the sails of your company. Identifying trends that are relevant to your business, while steering clear of fads, convinces investors that you’ve done your research. And for your business, catching a trend on its upward swing can speed time to profitability.
This course not only identifies specific trends to watch, but points you to definitive sources for uncovering the up-and-coming trends that are most relevant to your business.
Catching a trend on the upswing can give your business launch added momentum. This learning stream gives you the tools to capitalize on trends while steering clear of fads. This session covers top trends affecting businesses worldwide and in specific sectors, and points you to definitive sources for uncovering trends relevant to your business.
Market Trends Exanples
Let's explore the difference between a trend and a fad. You might not want to build your business around a fad, as that could be a risky strategy.
Trend spotting can be a very useful tool. I will teach you how to spot trends and incorporate them into your business.
Learn what trends could impact your business, including today's top megatrends, and how some successful businesses have benefited from trends while others have suffered.
Market Trends and Drivers in Depth
This video takes an in-depth look the variety of trends impacting a few industries — apparel, automotive, hospitality, and accounting — as well as the implications for your business. Ken covers market trend drivers (6) such as technology, innovation, pricing trends, changes in service, societal changes, and a case study that dives into the market trends impacting our fictional Wearable Tracking Device Business.
Learn the key drivers to uncovering trends in your industry.
We provide you with lots of resources for researching all types of trends that you can take advantage of in your business.
Steps in Determining Your Market Trends
We walk you step by step through the process of creating a list of meaningful trends that can have an impact on your business.
Here we show you how to serial rank your trends in order of importance. By doing this, you can focus on a small number of trends that will have maximum impact on our business.
Learn how to evaluate each trend and possibly apply it to your business.
Time to put pen to paper — or fingers to keyboard. Take a look inside the Prep Worksheet that prepares you to articulate the trends affecting your business in your business plan. The key to success is taking the time necessary to deeply understand your business and be prepared to run it — use this workshop and Prep Worksheet to do just that.
I recommend that you download this handy course guide to aid your journey through the course as well as great reference materials for the future.
- I'm not graduate from economic bachelor and English is not my mother tongue. But this course and how Mr. Ken explained the content is really easy to understand for beginner like me. Thanks to Mr. Ken for answered all of my question with a fast and easy understandable answer! ~ Diantini S
- Perfect timing and the insights till now are those that I was exactly looking for.... Excited to learn more ~ Yogen P
- Such an amazing course. You'll be able to understand and create your own business plan and you'll get a lot of valuable advices ~ A Cerimagic
- Lot’s of info in this course. Ken really takes you from A to Z . Just what I needed for my business to take off. Thanks ~ Hugo M
- I'm new to the business world and have been looking for courses with practical guidance. This course definitely provides that and so much more ~ S Slawinski
- So far so good! A lot of challenges I'm facing in my work place Ken has highlighted the root course, which I was not expecting. He is clear, very engaging and breaks down the jargon. He is straight talking, right down to business attitude. I've just completed the first chapter and he's restoring a little faith in me so quite excited to keep learning (I know, I sound like a nerd) ~ Harrie T
- This course is the right match for me as I know some about business but believe in always improving. I also want to make sure I have a solid foundation for my business so I'm positioned right for the new year, and growth ~ E Jollymore
- What is a trend, and how is it different from a fad?
- Why do fads make for a shaky business foundation?
- Where can I research trends for my industry?
- What are the mega-trends affecting global business today?
- How can I identify trends that impact my business, and determine which are important?
No course requirements.