Life Hack With Color Psychology: Increase Your Influence
What if you could be more influential, more productive, communicate better, and have more of a say in how people perceive and treat you just by knowing a few easy-to-remember secrets about color, all in just under 75 minutes?
Knowing how colors influence ourselves and others is like knowing a secret handshake that will help tilt life more in your favor day after day. This course will show you how with practical tips you can begin using immediately, even before you finish all the lessons.
This course was created as a basic introduction to color psychology and will have you up and running using your new color superpowers after just the first few lessons.
Do you know what color to wear on your first date to make their heart go pitter-pat? What about during that sales pitch at work to generate support and funding for your new project or to stand out in a room full of extroverts? What soothing color will get the office troll off your back at work AND your baby to calm down at home so you can get some sleep?
Emotions are what drive people to think and act in certain ways and using colors strategically will help influence the emotions and actions of others. Did you know that 85% of shoppers place color as a primary reason for why they buy a particular product and that color increases brand recognition by 80%? Learn which colors will best help sell your ideas, your message, and your products and services.
Use the color techniques in this course when making presentations and in your visual communications to ensure that you are communicating exactly what you want to.Have more power to influence your audience to feel and react the way you intend and get them to take specific actions like support a cause or candidate, attend an event, make a donation, or buy a product or service.
I’m an award-winning artist/educator helping empower ordinary people around the globe to communicate and tell their own stories through a variety of media. I create dynamic content for clients including UNFPA, UNICEF, The World Food Programme, WHO, and more.
Since 2000 I've been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
New bonus lectures and resources will continue to be added and timely color advice will be provided in the discussion forum. I love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
I make myself available so you will have access to me if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.
Empower yourself now by enrolling in this color course and join our growing learning community! Click the "Add to Cart" button in the upper right corner and let's get started maximizing your impact at home and at work today.
Who this course is for
- This course is essential for artists, designers, and visual communicators of all kinds who want to make more of an impact with their work.
- This course is also very useful for business owners, educators, academics, marketers, parents, and people interested in health and well-being who want to have more of an impact at work and at home.
- This course will also help introverts who are quietly excellent and have something to say but don't always want to have to compete with the loud-mouths in the room in order to make an impact.
- This course was easy to digest and very relatable in terms of the examples Kristen used throughout each section. I really enjoyed this course and cannot wait to learn more. Thank you, Kristen! ~ Elise R
- I am looking at colors in a different light due to taking the course. Keep up the great work!!! ~ J Matthews-McClain
- Loved your course on color psychology, I feel it was transformative. I decided to take it after watching part of the series Mad Men, and noticing how all of the colors on their beautiful sets influenced my moods. Before taking this course, I did not understand colors at all. I am very impressed with how you taught the theory, then how simple and applicable the examples were. Colors now make so much sense! This course really makes me feel more competent about creating something beautiful with my new knowledge of colors ~ B Tetschner
- I see now, that in a Photoshop photo rendering of say a brown castle against a blue sky, you would paint the multi-sided castle with various dark bluish-gray shadows and complementary brownish-orange hues ~ B Hawksworth
- Professor Palana is so easy to follow. I love listening to her speak. Her caring for the subject comes right through the screen and grabs you. She really knows this stuff. What a great package of information for a great price. There is some amazing material in here ~ Scott H
- Great course! I never really thought about how colors can affect us and how others perceive us. Great tips about how to dress for an interview and how to use color in our every day lives ~ Redjade L
- I LOVED this course. It's applicable to everybody, men and women. It's applicable to every situation in our lives. It's so useful to know what colors can help in many situations. Job interview, presentations, teaching, ....I learned to wear green if I want to create peaceful feelings. Blue is cold, but good to focus. Red is dynamic, and can make you hungry. Yellow is OK but not too bright. Oh, and I love wearing pink, but now I know it can make tired. And then there are 2 color tests that I took at the end and they blew me away. the result described me entirely, it was so true, I couldn't believe a color test could describe my personality so well. And did I mention the amount of resources in this course? Amazing. And last but not least, the instructor, Kristen is a pleasure to listen to. Clear, pleasant, enthusiast and superb! Thanks again, You are an inspiration ~ Rachel S
- Great course from Kristen! As a Graphic Designer, I know how to use colours that are pleasing to the eyes. But this course really helps me to understand more about it. It's amazing to know how colours affects us. Now, I have the confidence to use colours in my designs and in my everyday life. Thank you Kristen! ~ R Anne Dimla
- Now I know why I behave in a certain way when I see certain colours. Colours are indeed powerful! The instructor does a great job of teaching the nitty gritties of colour theory and I have definitely learnt a ton of things which I can now strategically add to my work as a graphic designer. Superb course! ~ T Jhanson
- Color has always fascinated and captured my attention, thoughts, and beyond. Knowledge of the power and energy inherent to and associated with colors is, simultaneously, empowering, invigorating and comforting. Hence, one reason for the appeal of this course to my lifelong learning goals and horizons. This course is brilliant, inspiring, amazing, thought-provoking. It is well-organized, and flows logically and fluidly from one lecture to the next. The accompanying supplementary materials (including website links, PDFs and more) are outstanding. The Instructor's expertise in and knowledge of her material on color theory and related are impressive and clearly demonstrated throughout the course. In addition, her passion and energy for her work, her art, and her teaching are evident beautifully throughout the lectures and exercises. This has been an exceptional online learning experience, and i am certain that i will continue to refer to the course and its associated materials frequently, even after completing the course. Congratulations and thanks to the Instructor for making this course available in this online format ~ Dr. C Hirtzel
- Thank you for making this course Kristen. I learned a lot from you. If anybody wants to learn the psychology on how colors influence and affect us, this course is highly recommended. Worth every penny! Thank you! ~ E Pangilinan
- I am amazed at just how much I learned from this course. The instructor really breaks down how colors influence our daily lives and how we can purposefully incorporate them into our personal and professional lives for positive results. She also shows real examples to help demonstrate her point. I look at so many things differently now. Thank you so much for the wonderful course! ~ C Maisel
What you'll learn
- Increase your impact significantly in less than 2 hours
- Create mood and convey your message better in all your visual communications and presentations.
- Make more informed decisions about choosing colors to sell your idea, message, or brand.
- Influence your audience/viewers to take certain actions like support a cause, attend an event, make a donation, or buy your product or service.
- Use color to deal more effectively with difficult people (adults AND children.)
- Gain a psychological edge in a job interview to tilt odds more in your favor.
- Use color to your advantage at work, in your art, and at home.
- Recognize how marketers, advertisers, and politicians subtly use color to influence the public's emotions and perceptions.
This is a comprehensive course especially created for beginners and no special equipment or knowledge is needed.