"Manufacturing Engineering is a branch of professional engineering which involves numerous concepts, subjects and processes. Metal casting being one of the most eminent".
The main motive of this course is to make you understand the CASTING process in greater detail without taking much of your time. The prime focus here is the traditional casting process (Sand Casting). However, modern casting techniques such as Die Casting, Centrifugal Casting, Investment Casting etc. will also be covered.
For the sake of better understanding, I have made the explanatory diagrams by myself because in many textbooks they look very complex. The language used in the course is very simple and to the point.
Enrol Now !!
Who this course is for
- Mechanical engineering graduates and undergraduates
- Manufacturing engineering graduates and undergraduates
- Students and enthusiasts having interest in foundry technology
- The course is being explained in a simple and easy matter to understand. Steps of the casting process are being explained in a logical progression ~ Dennis R
- Excellent !! Everything covered in greater detail ~ Prayag S
- Covers everything I need. Thanks ~ Pradeep R
- Very audible explanation. Easy to follow ~ Praksah J
- Great! He is teaching so much ~ Terry H
What you'll learn
- Traditional casting process (Sand casting)
- Pattern and Mould - Types of pattern material, Pattern allowances, Types of sand mould, Binders and Additives etc
- Gating system - Elements, Accessories, Characteristics, Gating ratio, Aspiration effect, Cores and Chaplets, Solidification time, Riser design etc
- Modern casting methods (Die casting, Slush casting, Shell moulding, Centrifugal casting, Investment casting)
- BONUS - Grain behavior in casting, Casting defects
- Preliminary idea of Material science and a little bit of high school chemistry (although everything has been explained in the course)
- The most important trait - "A keen and curious mind"