This course shows a new system and network administrators how to plan the big picture and use that plan to install and configure Windows Server 2019. First, instructor Prof. K explains how to identify and acquire the hardware—virtual or dedicated—you will need for your new server to accomplish its purpose: file server, domain controller, DNS/DHCP server, or virtual machine host. He then explains how to select the appropriate edition of Windows Server and install the core operating system. Finally, learn how to use the legacy admin tools and Windows PowerShell to configure network addressing, storage, features, and roles, so your server meets your organization's needs.
- Planning the server hardware
- Installing Windows Server 2019
- Configuring storage
- Configuring roles
- Managing features on demand
- Migrating roles and features to other servers with SMIG
Windows Server 2019 has been built with a vast array of security features. Understanding them, and how to configure them correctly is crucial to any server environment. In this course, Securing Windows Server 2019, you’ll learn to fully secure Windows Server 2019. First, you’ll explore how to leverage the built-in security capabilities of Windows Server 2019.
This course is 100% dedicated to hands-on labs and exercises based on real-life scenarios and methods verified to work in production environments.
Who this course is for
- Anyone wanting to gain Microsoft server administration experience.
- Anyone wanting help in preparing for their Microsoft server exam.
- Professor K covered many interesting details about Windows Server 2019. I am glad I took his course. I highly recommend his course to others ~ Howard H
- Wow... This information is definitely very critical to follow. Good Job ~ Roy
- The course has offered me almost all the hands on experience i need at my workplace. Am thankful for giving me this opportunity ~ H Techie-Menson
- Prof. K has always been amazing in imparting his knowledge to his students. The quality of the lectures is always of the highest and the Information has been very straight forward and easy to understand ~ Ferdinand A
- It was very easy and to the point and clear the concept ~ Ahsan S
What you'll learn
- Install and configure Windows Server 2019, implement storage, and maintain server environments.
- How to build Windows servers and add roles and features
- Create a Windows Server 2019 Virtualized Lab Using Virtualbox
- Learn about the FSMO roles and their importance in your network
- Desktop PC or laptop with a minimum of 8 GB of RAM (16 GB preferred)
- System BIOS with virtualization capabilities.
- Recommend but not required completion either my Server 2012, 2016 or Server 2019 Part I
- Willingness to learn