In this course, we will cover all the fundamentals of MPLS. We will be discussing why MPLS was implemented, the terminology used in an MPLS environment, the configurations used in MPLS, concentrating on using Layer 3 VPNs.
We will discuss the LDP protocol, what labels are and how they get forward it to other LDR Routers. Using the hands-on lab we will get to see how these labels get forwarded and we will be configuring multiple IGP routing protocols along with BGP to get information across our network.
We will be creating multiple types of VPNs and through the use of Route Targets and Route Reflectors, we'll demonstrate how packets can be manipulated in a particular direction.
We will definitely be creating Provider Edge routers Customer Edge Routers and have customers within the same company communicate with each other and different companies also are able to communicate with each other through VPN.
We will also learn how to create VRF's in order to make all this possible, as well as understand the CEF, LFIB, LRIB, and much more tables in order to troubleshoot MPLS.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the simulators/emulators used in this course are not part of the course. It is the students' responsibility to have these to practice with. The Cisco Packet Tracer and/or VIRAL (Virtual Internet Routing Lab) are Cisco proprietary software and can only be obtained through Cisco. It is up to each student to obtain the simulator/emulator of their choice to study along with this course.
Who this course is for
- Students preparing for CCNP or CCIE certifications would benefit greatly from taking this course.
- But also those IT individuals that are working in real world environment would gain some knowledge on MPLS application.
- I love this guy!!! Makes it very enjoyable. I like how he talks. He has already made me laugh a few times and you need that in a course like MPLS otherwise you'll pass out!!! he also seems very knowledgeable but for now, i'm enjoying the teaching style! powerful Laz Diaz! ~ Ali S
- This MPLS course gave me the understanding i needed for my current role. Previously, i struggled to understand MPLS concepts but this course has helped me grasp the foundations and I can now take it further. Thank you very much Laz. Good job! ~ J Murungi
- Excellent training, good knowledge of the topic ~ M Garcia
- I love his energy and his ability to explain the terminology and concepts ~ Chiquita W
- It's really a good course help us to understand fundamentals of MPLS ~ A Ingle
- Very well explained, excellent lecture ~ S Howlett
- Really great course needed to learn for a new job and it is definitely helping ~ M Martinez
- The instructor does an excellent job of displaying and relaying his material to his students ~ Ivan W
- Very good lab session and explained in depth ~ B Alakkat
- Yes it good match for me. I learnt many things throughout the course and know about basic and advance criteria for MPLS network that will definitely help me in real Networking world ~ Anand S
- Nice clear and simple way of getting things across and explaining. A great course for understanding MPLS in a very simple way ~ R Prabhu
- The lecturer is straight to the point. Very clear in his concepts. Recommended for beginners. Thank You Sir for the video ~ A Venugopal
- Highly motivating videos to learn the material through lab practice covering a variety of protocols. This was extremely helpful in understanding MPLS ~ P. E. Katzer
- I have enjoyed the course very much. The presentation was clear and right to the point. I had been reading about MPLS but I was not clear to the whole picture, but after taking this class I would say that this is what I was waiting for. His labs were very right to the point on showing the concepts just discussed. I would suggest for Mr Lazaro to do a short course on MPLS VPN , and DMVPN ~ E Arredondo
- I personally like the way of Laz teaching style and this course can be learnt about fundamental of mpls configuration and traffic engineering. I want to recommend to learn this course for who preparing for CCNA and CCNP students. Will purchase more courses for Laz. Thank you ~ K Aung
What you'll learn
- The goal of this course is to give to the student an understanding of the real importance of MPLS and its applications.
- Also, this course will help you understand the concepts needed for your CCNP and CCIE certifications purposes.
Anyone taking this course should have an understanding of networking specifically in the WAN domain.