Doing the right deal can significantly increase value to both parties and promote a healthy, respectful relationship. Doing the wrong deal can eliminate profits and break relationships apart. Choose carefully.
This principle can be applied whether you are negotiating to buy a T shirt in the market, or getting the price of a house purchase down, or taking on a new hire for your team, or negotiating your own salary and bonus package – or bringing home a long-term high value worldwide contract with a global customer in the face of strong competition.
This workshop is specifically designed to deliver the critical skills, processes and thinking required to give you the strongest possibility of creating and agreeing a deal where both you and other(s) involved reach or exceed your goals more easily.
There are many ways to achieve great outcomes in any good negotiation. At the heart of them all are:
- If you don’t ask, you very, very rarely get – having confidence and natural strength
- Knowing your options and their value, to both yourself and the other party(ies)
- Knowing their options and their value, to both them and yourself
- Knowing how to position the evolving offers you make and how to react to the evolving offers you are presented with
- Being skilled in the art and science of the conduct itself
Then add the competencies of knowing when to sell and when to negotiate, how to plan and prepare properly and to what degree, and engaging in a consistently powerful yet respectful way throughout. Well - if you’ve got experience in negotiating you probably recognise most if not all of the above and know just how important they are to a successful outcome for all.
Whatever your experience level, Negotiating Success will help you to either acquire those competencies and master them, or to brush up and reinforce their true value in helping you deliver excellent results.
You may even see ways this will benefit your personal life as well.
This workshop ensures that it’s easy for you to acquire these skills and processes. More importantly, the learning methodology and included activities/assignments help you to practice for mastery, personalise to your own style and approach, and apply these skills precisely to the reality of your role and the day-to-day situations you face.
We will be using the downloadable Negotiating Success Workbook resource; this has copies of key slides and notes, Application Exercises and Assignments to be done during and after the Workshop, Self-Assessment tests, Action Plans and further information with links.
This is a stand alone Workshop that is one of a series of interlinked Learning For Results programmes designed to help you succeed in today’s world.
Anyone involved in negotiations, professionally or in private life.
- How to do the best deal, from “one-off price only” negotiations to long-term ongoing multi-faceted negotiating relationships
- How to plan and prepare, and how to manage and conduct the process from start to successful finish
- How to use the variation in the actual and perceived value of different negotiables to increase the value of the deal for all parties
- Straightforward, Global Best Practice skills and approaches that focus on outcomes in today’s world
- 5 Negotiation Tools for optimum planning and flexibility
- When to negotiate and when not to
- The Step by Step “How to” of face to face negotiation
- Barriers, options and dealing with difficult negotiators
- And this workshop is Fun!
Any individual with a need to get the most by giving the least.