In this course we are going to take a deep dive into the condition of burnout.
We'll explore what burnout is - the physiological, psychological and behavioral symptoms of burnout. Also how burnout impacts individuals, teams and companies and how it destroys productivity and ruins lives.
And we'll also look at how individuals can recognize and cope with burnout as well as the responsibilities of leaders and people managers to create work environments that are burnout-proof and understand the reasons behind burnout in our teams.
I've been a people manager at some of the biggest companies in the world for over 20 years. Some of the environments I've worked in have been incredibly high stress, or badly broken in other ways. I've seen many instances of burnout and I've experienced it myself. As a people manager and leader I'm determined to address burnout in my and other organizations.
Burnout is one of the biggest threats to employee health that we face today. And as the pressure goes up, so does the stress. But it's not only stress and working too much, there are a ton of factors that contribute to burnout, many related to the type of work we give our teams and the autonomy and empowerment of the individual.
So if you're concerned about burnout, either for yourself or your teams and colleagues, then this is going to be really useful, and might even save someone's career or health.
We'll also discuss the differences between burnout and stress, and how that can affect the individual.
So now it's time to fight back against burnout! We'll discuss how individuals can take action to combat burnout. There are many ways that people can improve their lives to make burnout less likely.
Who this course is for
- People concerned about mental health
- Leaders who want to create a good working culture
- People who want to be more productive
- People who want to keep stress levels down
What you'll learn
- How to identify, manage and reduce the impact of burnout
- Stress management tips to improve mental health
- How you as a leader can create a culture that protects the mental health of your teams
- How to identify issues with company culture and prevent your employees from suffering
No course requirements.