Do you love pets? In this course, you will learn basic watercolor techniques while painting a cute cat!
Here you will feel comfortable with each step you make because each step is explained and demonstrated. Here you will know what you will get in the end! It is not a fantasy "do whatever" class, it is an actionable course where you will learn the real techniques and create realistic art.
This class expects people of Intermediate level to participate, but it is great for all levels since I explain every step I take, demonstrate the process, and introduce all basic techniques. No matter your level, you will have all tools needed to paint this adorable ginger cat with me!
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- A detailed explanation of all art supplies I've used in this course + useful suggestions and alternatives
- Carefully planned-out preparation for the class
- Demonstration of the sketching process
- Explanation of all colors used in the class + Each paint I used is mentioned & written down
- Break down of the color scheme for the painting
- Step by step demonstration of the painting process with an explanation of each move. Cat portrait is broken down into blocks: first layers, second layers, eyes/nose/mouth, body, background, details.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to sketch a portrait of a cat on your chosen paper format
- How to prepare the color scheme for your particular artwork
- Rules of color mixing: primary & complementary colors, tones & density
- How to use wet-on-wet technique on cellulose paper
- How to use layering technique
- How to fix mistakes and accidents on time
- How to paint realistic eyes: tones, shadows, highlights
- How to recreate the fluffy effect of a cat's fur
This class will lead you through the whole process of painting a realistic cat from scratch to a final result in real-time. No speeding up the video, no covering up mistakes - you will see all of it!
Here you will combine different watercolor techniques: layering, wet-on-wet, dry-on-dry, a loose style, and great detailing.
Who this course is for
- People who love watercolor and want to improve their technical skills
- Intermediate level students comfortable with the medium
- Beginner level students who want to challenge themselves (all techniques are explained)
What you'll learn
- Main watercolor techniques and practical exercises to apply them.
- Color mixing rules, pigment theory.
- Color scheme creation for your particular painting.
- Discovering the best pigments and alternatives for this cat artwork.
- Basics of sketching a cat with a pen.
- Watercolor painting using main techniques: wet-on-dry, wet-on-wet, layering.
- You will learn how to paint a REALISTIC cat, not an illustration or cartoon.
- You need to have some basic skills in painting with watercolor.
- Watercolor paper of high quality (cellulose paper "Canson" or any 100% cotton paper brand).
- Watercolor set (in pans or tubes), student or professional quality.
- Brushes: round small size (#1), round middle size (#4), round big size (#8).
- The palette for mixing paint, soft pencil (B, HB), white gel pen, cup of water, tissues, additional watercolor paper for practicing, and color tests.