If you love botanical art, interested in learning watercolor techniques instead of intuitive painting, and want to create gentle realistic cherry blossoms - this is the course for you!
This is a course for Intermediate level artists. But if you are a beginner and love challenges this class will be very interesting for you, no doubts! So please feel free to jump into it ;)
In my Cherry Blossom class, you will paint wonderful gentle flowers step by step following my guidance.
The course is recorded live, so you see the whole process without speeding up anything.
Before we start painting together, I will discuss:
- Most important watercolor features: transparency, opacity, density etc. You will learn how to achieve light and dark tones, what is the difference between density and tone, how to create the tone that you need.
- Color scheme for this artwork. We will figure out what palette to use to achieve smooth color transitions and a balanced color scheme.
- How to sketch properly that the pencil doesn't stay in your way when you start to paint in watercolor
When we start painting I will explain every move I make and every color I choose. You can observe the process, see how I do it and ask me questions along the way!
You will learn how to create smooth washes, delicate color intermixes, and gentle flowers. Besides that, you will learn how to paint each petal without outlining it. This all will help you create realistic artwork!
Intermediate level students wanting to learn more or curious beginners up for a challenge.
- How to define transparency, opacity, density of watercolor.
- How to mix colors to achieve darker tones.
- How to combine colors to get nice color combinations.
- How to create your own color palette for your painting.
- How to achieve smooth color transitions when painting petals.
- How to paint a realistic flower without outlining it like in a coloring book.
- and so much more!
- You need to have some basic understanding of watercolor and its behavior. If you have never painted with watercolor before, this class will be too challenging for you.
- However, if you are already familiar with this medium, you can surely take up the challenge as I show every step I take.
- This course is perfect for intermediate-level artists who want to improve their skills. And those who love painting floral artworks.
- Watercolor paper (can be cellulose), 300 gsm, cold press or hot press.
- Pencil (can be automatic).
- Watercolor set (can use student grade paint).
- Brushes: synthetic pointy brush middle size and small size.
- Bucket of clean water, paper towels, eraser.
More about materials I use for this painting is in my lesson inside the course.