Do you love birds? Fancy some challenge as well? Then this course is perfect for you!
In this course you will not just copy a reference photo onto paper, but:
- Understand how watercolor works
- Learn the rules of color mixing
- Figure out how to create realistic birds
- Learn how to paint fluffy feathers
- Discover additional watercolor tricks and secrets to achieve the outstanding results!
This course will teach you how to use mixed watercolor style (realistic and impressionistic) to create a beautiful artwork that stands out!
It won't look like a kid drawing or a page from a coloring book. You will learn watercolor foundations which will allow you to create 3-dimensional realistic art.
In this course, every step is explained and demonstrated. First, we will talk about color palettes and what makes your artwork realistic and stand out. Then we will draw a sketch of those 2 lovely birds. After we will practice mixing colors and prepare our paints. And of course, paint this exact couple of birds where I will guide you from start to finish in real-time.
- Watercolor enthusiasts who already have some experience in painting with this medium and familiar with watercolor basics. It is an intermediate-level course.
- Students who tend to paint the same object and haven't tried painting birds before.
- People who enjoy challenges!
- If you are starting out and like to take up challenges, jump right in because I explain every step I took and you will be able to follow!
- How to use the mixed watercolor technique in one painting.
- How to work wet-on-wet and in glazing techniques.
- How to create realistic feathers, eyes, beaks, wings of birds.
- How to work with light and shadow to create impressive contrasts.
- How to mix colors harmoniously and achieve a clean mix.
- You need to have a basic understanding of watercolor.
- You need art materials (high-quality watercolor paper, watercolor paints, brushes, pencil etc).
- You need to download a reference photo (attached in this class) to use for your painting.