'Probably the best course I have taken and great fun' - Diane (enrolled in over a dozen other photography courses)
A set of over 50 video tutorials of photography tips and tricks, each one demonstrates one specific DSLR or compact camera photography tip. This course is aimed at amateur photographers from beginners through to enthusiasts.
- Photography training that works
- See immediate improvements in your photos
- Easy to follow and understand, with a fun teaching style
- All boring bits removed (well, most of them anyway!)
'Just kicked myself, that is a brilliant tip, how did I not think of it? These videos are brilliant!' - Wilfie
'Bernie is so easy to listen to. This is by far the best course I have come across. Lovely quick videos that explain everything. Can not recommend it highly enough. Love it, love it, love it!' - Patricia
'This tip alone makes taking the course worthwhile' - Beverley
'There's lots to learn here and sometime Bernie can be a real laugh, but you can really tell that he knows what he's talking about. Well worth the money' - Michael
'This has been such a great course and learning experience for me. You deserve more than five stars I gave in the review, I wish I was able to give you ten stars' - Diane
These DSLR photography tips for beginners deal with a wide range of subjects and surprisingly, some of the more powerful tips are completely non-technical in nature. There are several FREE photography training videos that you can try out first, watch them and see for yourself just how good some of these DSLR photography tips and tricks are.
If you have a slow internet connection, or want to take this course with you on your laptop, smartphone or other portable device, sign up and download all the videos and other course materials now.
Here are some of the general topics covered in this course:
- Understand the 'Exposure Triangle' and get out of the Auto mode.
- Get incredible natural portrait lighting with this one simple pro tip that will flatter your subjects
- Get sharper images with better focussing technique and use of shutter speeds
- Working with natural light and dealing with the sun
- How understanding the direction of light can dramatically improve your photos
- How to use composition to take more dramatic and creative images
- Flatter your family and friends with some great posing tips (individual and group posing)
- How to improve your flash photography
- Controlling depth of field and the 'block of focus'
- How to get blue skies in your photos instead of washed out white skies
- How to take better photos in the snow
- How to avoid camera shake and get sharper images
- How to take photos of fireworks
- The myth of megapixels and image quality
- Digital cameras and their settings
... and many more!
- Beginner amateur photographers
- Intermediate amateur photographers
- Learned quite a bit from this course!! Love the humor that came along with it as well. Thank you so much! ~ B Stewart
- Good basic information about on general photography. I would recommend the course as a starter ~ Enzo F
- I really learnt a lot fromt this course and inspired me to learn more detailing about photography and i will definitely get into more courses regarding photography thanks a lot once again to the instructor who helped us understanding the concept ~ V Sushil
- Great course! I've taken photography courses before, so some of it was review, but there were also a number of great tips I learned as well! ~ Christine L
- Learned wonderful tips and tricks to better my photography skills ~ Candace B
- So clear and thorough in the explanations with many visual examples. Excellent instructor! ~ A Sobala
- So good, a lot of information, very good, useful a lot thanks so much for this amazing course ~ L Romero
- A very enjoyable course. The explanations are very clear and the examples very well chosen. I knew some of the concepts but with this course I am now able to understand how these concepts relate and interact. I highly recommend it ~ Edelmiro F
- Great practical examples and clearly explained. Some great content you can easily apply ~ Calocero T
- You explained it so I could easily understand it and showed me, that helped me really understand what you were saying ~ Debbie S
- Excellent tips and very comprehensive course. Love it and I would definitely recommend it ~ C Coutinho
- This course has been very good so far. As someone who is just starting out on my photographic journey i find the way Bernie teaches his videos to be both informative and well paced. I can follow along with my own camera and take pictures with better quality and understanding even at this early stage in the course. I would highly recommend this course for anyone who is just starting out with photography. Also Bernie's dad jokes throughout are hilariously terrible (in a good way) ~ Joel J
- This is an excellent course especially as the tutor shows how to take great pics with basic equipment - it really shows how skillful he is. I have been a keen photographer for over 10 years and am picking up loads of useful evertday tips ~ Michael W
- Hi Bernie, I enjoyed your video on "Become a Better Photographer". I learned a lot by the different illustrations. You're the best Bernie, keep up the great work ~ Dan B
- I've taken this course before. Now taken it again with my wife during lockdown. Many photography courses are very technical and dry but Bernie's approach is full of humour whilst being informative and easy to understand. Highly recommended. Thank you Bernie for keeping us sane ~ P Mcloughlin
- This was an excellent course with a great teacher. I definitely learnt a great deal about photography. I am glad that I have the ability to return to all of the sections for review as there is so much to learn. Hardest part is putting it all into practice as Bernie's picture are so good ~ M Stevenson
- Bernie has a great enthusiasm during his lectures and presents the information in a clear manner. I find myself referencing different videos from time to time as refreshers as I continue to develop my skills as a photographer. Thank you for putting together this course, Bernie! ~ D Hamilton
- To explain camera settings
- To demonstrate easy tips for getting sharp images
- To show how an understanding of light and composition is worth more to you than a whole bagful of camera accessories
- Raise awareness of the possibilities for taking great photos
- To demonstrate easy ways of taking amazing outdoor portraits
- To show some great ways of getting better landscape photos
- To provide tips on getting better flash photos indoors
- To show how to take better photos in specific environments (e.g snow, indoors by a window etc...)
- To help understand image quality, resolution and the different camera types
- To realise the great potential you have for becoming a great photographer
- Any type of camera will be suitable for this course. Some lectures covering the same topic are duplicated so that they can be DSLR or compact camera specific.
- Even though nearly all the tips are easy, as with any other skill, the more you practise the better you'll become!
- Enthusiasm always helps!