What is Coding?
Coding is writing logical instructions for a computer to follow. In our modern world, coding is used to create computer programs that power the microchips in your microwave, car, phone, and every modern device you know.
Why Learn to Code?
Learning to code is learning to think creatively. If you can code a computer then you can think and apply yourself logically and rationally to tackle any obstacle or challenge you face in life. It is a wonderful life skill for your child to build.
Python is an extremely flexible coding language that is used by many professionals, including scientists, researchers, and engineers. It is straightforward and approachable and an excellent choice for children beginning their coding journey.
Who Created this Course?
My name is Daniel Shepherd. I have a degree in Physics and Astrophysics and a master’s degree in Environmental Management. I have been teaching for 25 years and have taught children of all ages throughout my career. I teach Python coding to children aged 7-11 across the globe via Zoom. I greatly enjoy nurturing the amazing creativity and passion that young people have for coding.
I hope you enjoy my course.
Children aged 7-11 years old with an interest in coding and little or no prior experience of coding/Python.
- It was very informative and the mentor gave us many useful challenges and information about how to code in Python ~ Vino S
- Outstanding! This is a very good course!! ~ F Siddiqui
- It explains things that other people don't and takes time in what he is saying (a lot of it) ~ Cameron D
- IT WAS AMAZING, you explained it very nicely , thank you for enhancing my knowledge about text based programming ~ Sathya
- Sir's teaching was outstanding these was above expectation there was a file that made understand more easy I loved and enjoyed the course ~ Shlok D
- I really liked the course because I could draw many cool looking patterns. I really liked the challenges because they were tricky and fun ~ M Szewczyk
- Nice course, my 8 year old completed the course within few days and was excited to go through each module, tried out the examples on his own ~ Nithya S
- Daniel is clearly an experienced teacher who uses simple language to explain the basic concepts of python in a way that is effective and engaging. There are good practical exercises for the students to work on so there is a feeling of progression as you work through the course. Some of the results looking exciting on the screen too - addicting! ~ C Stuart
- Good introduction for my 10 year old. He's dying for more coding so a great result ~ Jonathan S
- Move a drawing robot around the screen
- Create mindblowing multicolored graphics
- Repeat lines of code (using a FOR loop)
- Keep pieces of information in your computer's memory (using variables)
- Get your computer to do math for you
- Think clearly and logically in a calm way
- Experiment and explore with your mind
- Boost your confidence
- Have a laptop or desktop computer with python software installed.
- You can watch the course videos on a tablet, such as an iPad, but you will not be able to code using Pycharm which is the recommended free software.
- Please have a laptop or desktop PC or Mac.
- Good comprehension of spoken English to be able to understand instructions