I think animation is one of the great art forms. When people hear the word "animation", thoughts of great Disney animators can come to mind. This can intimidate people into thinking that animation is not possible for them to learn. I'm here to tell you that you CAN learn to animate and it's really not as hard as you might think. I made this course to try and dispel that myth because I believe anyone can learn to animate. You might say, "But I can't draw!" Not everyone who animates needs to know how to draw. In fact, some of the most entertaining animations I've seen are made with stick figures or bouncing balls. Let me show you the tools to get you started on making your own animations.
Why Rough Animator? As a professional independent animator, I have used most of the 2D animation packages over the years. Rough Animator is my personal software of choice right now. It is powerful and feature-rich enough for me to accomplish professional-level animated projects. Its minimalist interface makes it easy to learn and use. Are there more robust software packages available? Sure. Will Rough Animator get your project done with the same level of quality? You bet.
This course is for anyone that wants to get into animation. It's for someone wanting to pick up animation as a hobby. And it's for those illustrators that want to add animation as a new skill. I tried to keep the length of this course compact, so you can start animating in under two hours. The lessons are set up in a way so that you can quickly revisit a topic for a refresher using the provided "Course Overview" PDF.
Who this course is for
- Beginners and people wanting to learn how to animate with the program Rough Animator.
- Illustrators looking to add an easy to learn 2D animation software to their skillset.
What you'll learn
- Users will know how to use Rough Animator.
- Comprehensive overview of the toolset & interface of Rough Animator.
- Create your own Quicktime, GIF & PNG image sequences.
- Have the ability to create your own animation.
- You will need a computer or tablet (like an iPad) that can run the program Rough Animator.
- A stylus like an Apple Pencil or Wacom pen is recommended but not necessary.
- You do not need to know how to draw to take this course.