Most salespeople agree they should be doing more prospecting. They also agree that if they prospected more their sales would go up. In this course I share with you proven techniques on how to prospect. I will also share how to shift your mindset so you can boldly, fearlessly prospect anyone.
Many of the techniques I cover you will be able to immediately use to prospect for more business. If you know that you would make more sales by increasing your prospecting, then this is a must listen to course. Each idea you learn you will have for the rest of your life!
Module 1 - Introduction
I have been prospecting since 1992. I made over 100,000 cold calls and have prospected over text, Facebook, LinkedIn, email, door knocking and walk ins. During this course, I will share my best practices on prospecting you can implement right away.
There are 3 ways to increase your prospecting results – The Inner Game, is your mindset. The Outer Game is the how to. And Action, the doing of the work. When it comes to prospecting, create a plan and write it down.
Module 2 – Overcoming Call Reluctance
How many of you should be doing more prospecting? The number one reason why most people do not do more prospecting is fear of rejection. I have developed a mindset that is duplicatable to boldly prospecting anyone. It has to do with your mindset. When you prospect, you will tend to get a “No”. The rhythm of prospecting is “no, no, no, no, no, yes”. When you get a lot of “No’s”, you tend to procrastinate on prospecting. You need to change your mindset on this. Focus on the activity like this, when you prospect, you win. When you book the appointment, you double win. You win no matter what. No’s are no big deals! In this module, I also share a story of how I prospected NBA Hall of Famer, Rick Barry.
Module 3 – The Prospecting System
Do you have a prospecting system in place? My system is to reach out to 1 – 5+ prospects per day, 5 days a week. I prospect by any means necessary – text, email, Facebook, LinkedIn, walk-ins. Another idea is, to use your smartphone and turn it into an ATM. Go through your text messages. Send a text to someone you have been in contact in the past. Go through your social media platforms and reach out to someone via direct message there. This will take a few minutes for you to do to grow your business at zero cost.
Module 4 – The Prospecting Game
One way to motivate yourself and to take action is to gamify your life. Think of a rewards programs at restaurants and stores. They reward you with a free item after purchasing a set number of items. For the prospecting game, at the beginning of the day set a goal of how many prospects you would like to touch and keep track of it. Everything counts – dialed wrong number, text message, voicemail, email, etc. In this module, I also share how playing the prospecting game helped me connect with Michael E. Gerber.
Module 5 – The Dream 100
In this module, I will go over The Dream 100, an idea I learned by Chet Holmes. This is where you identify your top 100 prospects, and you will prospect them again and again and again until you book the appointment, or they tell you stop reaching out to them. Also, prospect your top 100 opportunities using sequential marketing. This is where your reach out to someone multiple times using different sales and marketing techniques like email, social media posts, text, or calls. This will help you open a lot of doors for you.
Module 6 – Sphere of Influence Selling
Sphere of influence selling is another idea to prospect. If you want to prospect somebody, go through someone they know so they can introduce you to them versus cold calling your prospect. This will leverage the relationship between you. This is a tremendous prospecting strategy.
Module 7 – Intention
In this module, Eric shares his stories of when he sets an intention when he prospected to achieve the results he was looking for. Always set an intention when it comes to prospecting. Take action now and implement the ideas from this course to work on your prospecting skills. I want you to become my next success story!
Who this course is for
New, beginner, and advanced level sales professionals looking to learn new skills to add to their tool belt.
- I love the mentality of how you can focus your mindset to make it much easier to prospect clients! ~ Aaron L
- One of the best course of selling I had done. Even if I already have experience in selling, I learned few new tricks. I truly recommend ~ Alexandru G
- Excellent course!!! Filled with tons of tips and tricks to help make you a better salesperson. Also the instructor is super engaging and fun to watch. I loved it! ~ Kenneth
- What an awesome course. Eric is delivering some really great info, and it is in bite size, understandable, chunks...love it...I'm sure I'll be well-versed in sales with this course ~ Diana R
- Very informative! Receiving lots of information from a very experienced and competent trainer. I'm sure this will help me improve my skills as a sales professional ~ Thomas H
- Eric is really amazing...so focused and I love these Golden Nuggets that make this course really worthwhile. One of those Nuggets will resonate with me and it will 100X the return on my investment in the course ~ Neil E
- I really enjoyed the course. Being self taught through YouTube, I felt a little lost trying to find prospects. This course gave me the tips and tricks that actually helped me find the right prospects and send them emails ~ Shubham J
- The content is excellent. It gives me an overview of Business Development and Sales. As a result, I feel inspired and have a clear picture of this role and what to do to achieve success in my career. I feel delighted and looking forward to coming back to continue the next section ~ Allen E
What you'll learn
- Learn the strategies to effectively prospect to your top 100 list.
- Learn specific techniques to go after large accounts.
- Learn how to stay motivated while prospecting.
No prior experience necessary! We'll teach you everything you need to know.