Hi and thanks for checking this class out!
I prepared this courses during trying times for the world and especially for small business owners, artists and artisans. During the course of creating this class, Sell Digital Downloads with Shopify or Etsy, I have had to make some real and hard decisions. I will reveal these in the class because I am sure they will reflect the struggles many artists are facing right now.
Because of the isolation I have had to practice since returning from travelling, I have reviewed my “to-do” list and have zeroed in on something I have been wanting to do for awhile: to create digital downloads of loads of my art to sell online.
I am a total fan for selling digital files (I sell on Creative Market, in my Shopify Store and soon in my Etsy Shop) because of the ease of use and the availability and variety for the buyer. I, myself, have bought many digital products such as brushes for Photoshop and Illustrator, backgrounds, textured backgrounds, fonts and many add-ons like actions, fx, droplets and scripts.
Other great benefits to selling downloads of your artwork…
- You can take your huge collection of artwork and find a new audience. Many people can't afford to buy originals of your work or even want to get prints, but they can buy a digital download and print it out themselves.
- You can get a new following. Perhaps some of these new clients who have been exposed to your work will eventually buy an original or print of your art in the future.
- You can create backgrounds, textures or ephemera, add-ons etc. other artists can use in their work and make money doing it!
- It is actually very easy to do! If the idea of selling your artwork as digital download was difficult, I promise I wouldn’t share it!
- Last, but not least, it is an alternate revenue stream. No more printing out items yourself, putting them in envelopes and mailing them, ordering online and having them sent, OR ordering canvases and giclees and hoping you sell them all. YES, of course you can keep selling your artwork the way you always have, but why not add a totally free and passive revenue stream to your art business?
The two main venues for selling on-line are opening your own e-commerce “store” and selling on established marketplaces like Etsy, Zazzle, Society 6, Red Bubble and so many more. The advantages and disadvantages of both will be reviewed in the class. I will walk you through the entire process from start to finish showing examples in both venues, while giving you plenty of information about the pros and cons I personally have experienced. We will start with saving the files correctly, creating mockups, organization and finish up with the listings. I will even give you some advice with regards to creating and using CSV files to help speed up the process for you.
My advice? Start today and make it a point to list one (or several) products each and every day! You will not regret it! Join this class and you could literally be listing and selling this week!
Who this course is for
Those who have digital products to sell on a marketplace or an e-Commerce store.
What you'll learn
Organizing and Uploading Digital Downloads to Sell - Ins-and-Outs Using E-Commerce like Shopify or Marketplaces Like Etsy.
Experience with image files is an asset.