Climate change is real, and it is having an increasing impact on organisations across the world. Accountants can play a key role in supporting their organisations to understand the costs and benefits of adapting to the impacts of climate change, and to carry out investment appraisal on the opportunities that climate change presents.
This course covers the main impacts of climate change on organisations, from the move to sustainable investing; to changing to zero-carbon; to the opportunities for technological innovation; to increasing regulation; and so on.
For each impact, the course identifies the opportunities for organisations and how the finance team can support the organisation through this aspect of change.
The key message is that accountants need to remain flexible and develop their skills to understand the potential costs and benefits that climate change will inevitably bring to their organisation.
I hope you enjoy the course.
- Trainee Accountants
- Accountants working in business
- CFOs and finance managers
- Company owners and directors
- Climate Change Business Trends
- The Circular Economy
- The Zero Carbon Economy
- Sustainable Investing
- The Power of People and Values
- Business as a force for change
- New Technological Solutions
- Government Policy and Regulation
- Climate Adapatation
- People and Habitats on the Move
- Other Impacts of Climate Change
- What Accountants can do to support their organisation with climate change
There are no pre-course requirements.