In today's highly pressurized workplaces there is much to be gained by developing our knowledge, skills and confidence in relation to time and workload management. This course, equivalent to a full-day's continuous professional development, provides opportunities to learn how to manage our pressures as effectively as possible.
The course, presented and developed by author, Dr Neil Thompson, is based on four principles of Time and Workload Management:
- Too much work is too much work Trying to do more than we reasonably can is unhelpful. If we are overloaded we need to think strategically about how we can deal with the situation, rather than simply work faster or harder.
- Managing energy as well as time How much work we can get done in a given amount of time will depend on levels of motivation and morale, so these are important factors to consider.
- Skills not qualities No one is born well organised or focused; these are skills we can learn, skills that can be developed over time.
- Investing time to save time Not taking time to think, plan, analyse and get a sense of control is a serious but sadly not uncommon mistake.
Divided into six main lessons, the course provides a clear and helpful introduction to this important subject matter and offers an excellent foundation for developing your knowledge, skills and confidence in tackling the challenges of managing a heavy workload.
This course will help you to feel more confident in making sure that your workload pressures remain within manageable limits so that you can keep stress at bay.
The course has been designed to be flexible so that you can dip into it when it suits you within your busy schedule. In keeping with one of the important lessons put forward by this course, the time invested in it will be handsomely repaid by greater confidence in managing your pressures efficiently and effectively.
- Anyone interested in becoming more efficient and effective in a pressurized workplace setting will find much of value in this course.
- If you work in a pressurized environment where you are expected to manage your time and your workload efficiently and effectively, this course will offer you a sound foundation of understanding on which to build.
- So, whatever sector you work in, whether you are a manager or a practitioner, a member of a team or working alone, this course can help you get more out of the time available in the working day.
- Due to too much stress at work, I was signed off by my Doctor for 2 weeks. During that time, I found this course and found some very useful tips including "stop trying to do the impossible, there's only a finite amount of work that can be done in a day" and "use lists, don't just create them, use them" and "be assertive". I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to manage their workload better ~ M Kalugin
- Neil Thompson takes a realistic viewpoint of today's 'normal' level of work - acknowledging that it can be excessive and difficult. However, what he provides in this training are ideas on how we can sharpen up our practice, freshen up our attitude to learning/change, take note of what sets us back and that which can propel us forward in a more productive way. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself making a lot of notes from the lectures, in the E-learning pack that you print out at the beginning of the course - as the content was very helpful and informative and possible to put into immediate effect. The lectures are delivered both in spoken form by Neil, and in written form for you to read and take notes from - or you can download and print them out. It is very straightforward to use - I found the pause button facility an essential feature! Neil speaks at a good pace for learning - however, it is possible to alter the pace slower or faster to suit. In-between lectures there are some reflective exercises to complete that help to consolidate the learning. I thoroughly recommend this course. I am a supervising social worker ~ K Thornton
- Nice mix of video and reading, backed up with the workbook and exercises. Some new ideas as well some I was familiar with. Hopefully a lot to get working on to improve things within the workplace :) ~ L McEwan
- I have found the course very informative and it has provided me with a new sense of direction in relation to my work load and time. I would highly recommend this course to those who want to get that extra edge when it comes to managing their workload in the most efficient and effective time possible ~ E McCauley
- By the end of this course you will be able to manage your time and workload pressures more effectively
- In this course you will learn about the four principles of time and workload management: too much work is too much work; managing motivation as well as time; skills not qualities; and investing time to save time
- There are no specific requirements for this course.
- All you need to benefit from it are a desire to improve your efficiency and effectiveness and a willingness to make the effort needed to learn.