Explore the craft of writing and storytelling with multi-published author Vanessa Grant.
What you'll learn
- How to create meaningful stories, drawing on your personal experiences and research
- How to create believable characters by creating past events in their backstory that triggers driving forces, motivating the action that drives story, to keep readers turning pages
- How to structure a story that drives the plot forward, using the rhythm of stimulus and response and scene and sequel
- How to create the necessary conflict that drives the story forward to the story goal
- How to avoid the trap of writing in circles, and
- How I used my "garbage can" strategy to fight writer's block
The only requirement to take this course is a willingness to learn.