A mechanical engineering undergraduate and graduate always tend to skip learning about Machine Shop. However, this subject is as much crucial as Thermodynamics, Strength of Material, Fluid Mechanics, and other important subjects.
The purpose of this course is to take a novice, a person with no Machine Shop or Workshop experience, and within the duration of this course teach them about various Machine tools such as Lathe Machine, Shaper, Planer, Slotter, Drilling Machine and Milling Machine in a concise way.
Now let's have a quick grasp of what a MACHINE SHOP (Workshop) is:
- A machine shop is a room, building, or company where machining, a form of subtractive manufacturing, is done. In a machine shop, machinists use machine tools and cutting tools to make parts, usually of metal or plastic (but sometimes of other materials such as glass or wood).
- A machine shop can be a small business (such as a job shop having a single or multiple machinery) or a portion of a factory, whether a toolroom or a production area for manufacturing.
- Each shop has its own tools and machinery which differ from other shops in quantity, capability and focus of expertise.
What Job roles you can apply for after completing the course:
- Machine shop operator
- Workshop Instructor
- Workshop Foreman
ENROLL now & start LEARNING !!
Who this course is for
- Mechanical engineering students - Graduates and Undergraduates.
- Freshman engineering students from all branches.
- Machine shop hobbyist and Machinists.
- This is the best course for beginners who want to learn about Workshop. Every topic is nicely presented by showing actual video. The ppt slides are also good ~ Abhik M
- Very good course. Explained in detail. Thanks ~ Girish P
- Perfect for anyone who is starting in the workshop field !! ~ Prayag S
- Very nice. Very useful ~ Idris Umar Y
- Probably the best course for workshop theory ~ Pradeep R
What you'll learn
- Metal cutting mechanism - Chip formation, Types of cutting tool, Tool signature, Cutting tool nomenclature
- Lathe Machine - Types, Construction, Accessories and attachments, Specification, Mechanism, Operations, Taper turning, Drilling on lathe, Cutting speed and Feed
- Drilling Machine - Construction, Types, Twist drill geometry, Operations and Mechanism, Specification, Cutting speed and Feed
- Shaper - Working principle, Construction, Types, Mechanism, Operations
- Planer - Types and working principle
- Slotter Machine - Construction, Operations
- Milling Machine - Working principle, Milling methods, Milling cutters, Types, Specification, Operations, Indexing and dividing head.
Just a keen and curious mind.