Learning medications is one of the most intimidating, overwhelming, and difficult aspects of entering a healthcare field.
Where do you start? There are THOUSANDS of medications.
Top Drugs is designed to break down what you NEED to know into easily understandable / easy to learn chunks.
This course follows which conditions are most prevalent, and which drugs are most popular. This way, the student learns which drugs are actually used in practice. Which drugs are fast movers in every pharmacy. The gold standard drugs for each condition.
This course will provide students with a solid foundation of knowledge to enter a healthcare field, preparing them to excel.
Benefit in having the advantage over other applicants. Imagine already knowing a bulk of basic medications while applying to Pharmacy, Medical, Nursing, PA, or Dental school. How impressive would you be to the administrators?
Avoid the overwhelming feeling of starting your first rotation at a hospital, with only a few weeks of school under your belt. Avoid being completely clueless about what is going on! Go in with a foundation of knowledge, putting yourself above the competition.
I have been through professional school. The first couple of years were rough. Had I known what I know now, I would have prepared. I would have gone in with a foundation of drug knowledge.
That is what this course provides. Whatever healthcare field you are entering, or considering entering - go in with a strong foundation! Blow away your competition, outshine the other applicants. This is possible with some determination, and made simple with these courses.
Entire semesters of schooling can be dedicated to certain conditions. This course provides concise, relevant MUST KNOW education about each condition.
Different career paths require different pieces of medicinal knowledge. This course can be used by students in ALL of the different healthcare career fields.
Medications are sorted into a hierarchy. Each medication will have a popularity designation. I will tell you when medications are hospital only, over the counter, retail pharmacy only, etc. I will tell you when a medication is an absolute MUST KNOW. I will tell you when a drug is not very popular and only certain professionals will need to remember it.
The point of this course is to provide drug information that can be used for any future healthcare professional, at any step of their education journey. You can decide how to utilize the information, you can decide what you need to take note of. I will present every angle of the information.
The Drugs and Conditions NEED to Know Medication courses are broken into conditions. Under each condition, there will be:
- Condition Overview: Learn about the condition. What are the signs and symptoms? What causes the condition? What are the treatments? What are the treatment goals? Who needs treatment?
- Medication Overview: The bulk of the course will focus on medications. What medications are used to treat this condition? What are the first line medications? When would you use other medications? When and how are these medications used? Medications will be broken into drug classes and popularity. Each medication will have a hierarchy designation. How important is it to know this medication? They will be sorted in importance.
- MUST KNOW Medication Conclusion: Going over the important medications at the end of each condition presentation. You have learned about the condition and the medications used for it, now what do you absolutely need to remember?
- Blood Pressure/Hypertension
- Pre or Early Pharmacy Students
- Pharmacy Techs or Technicians in Training
- Pre or Early Medical Students
- Pre or Early Nursing Students
- Pre or Early Dental Students
- Pre or Early Physician Assistant Students
- Students aspiring to enter the healthcare field
- Students curious if healthcare is right for them
- Anyone with desire for a foundation of medication knowledge
- I would like to give a big THANKS to the instructor who is the Doctor of Pharmacy. I have been studying an online course and recently looking for an extra resources to help on my coming exam, I then found this one. It IS very helpful! It helps me easily and quickly understand the common drugs, compare with the time I spent on my other online course, I feel like, I gain more from this course ~ Elda W
- I really enjoyed this course. Packed full of information and presented very clearly and concisely. Great visuals and examples of medications and concepts. Looking forward to the next course. Thanks so much for putting this together! ~ S Flannelly
- Thanks a lot for this course! I think it is good for pharmacy graduates who didn't practice for few years as it refreshes the memory of many important drugs and conditions. I will definitely continue with the next one! ~ Rabab
- Very excited to start with the course! everything he mentioned is what I wish to know to suggest drugs as a pharmacist retailer ~ Dinesh
- I really enjoyed the course and everything was very well explained. I liked that I still had the option to ask questions, and I enjoyed the course =] ~ Valeria V
- I'm glad I stumbled upon this course, three series package. The video presentation lecture format and organization scheme of condition and drug class are easy to follow. I am particularly pleased by the drug and condition document charts presented at the end of each section– wonderful for future reference. Top Drugs parts one, two, and three provide excellent instructional review over the most commonly prescribed medications seen as a future healthcare professional. Thank-you for constructing this quality course! ~ Preet
- Great course! Well done. I enjoyed every bit of it. Now I know a lot about the topics within the short span of time ~ Taiwo M
- Slides are not overpowering the content being explained. Clean and concise explanation is dictated which induces no confusion. Very well delivered. Absolutely enjoyed this course to the maximum. I study biomedical sciences and this has supplemented my education very well. This course has allowed me to build a more in-depth understanding ~ Shvetangi A
- This is making studying for the CPhT exam so much faster and less laborious! I really appreciate that the instructor highlights what's most important and how the drugs work. This affords me greater context without reading-intensive work. Would recommend to anyone studying the drug memorization part of the CPhT learning objectives! ~ H Stringfellow
- This course was great, with detailed information that was easy to understand. The handouts are also super useful and helps you to retain the material ~ C Walker
- Exactly what i needed as a review! Very helpful, very practical, engaging instructor, five stars! ~ Anne G
- It gives a great overview of what I studied. Sometimes with the routines involved in pharmacy work, you kind of lose focus of the grand picture. Great course ~ K Adu-Gyamfi
- Know Top Drugs! From basic name and class to simple uses and dangers
- Discover effective ways to learn and remember top drugs!
- Learn which drugs are actually used in practice, the drugs you NEED to know!
- Get an advantage over classmates and other applicants with a solid foundation of medicinal knowledge!
- Understand when they're used, why they're used, and how they're used
- Learn medication classes, brand, generic, and conditions they treat
- Understand basic conditions, including signs and symptoms, goals, who needs treatment, and when and how to treat
- Strengthen foundation of knowledge for exams such as NCLEX and Pharmacy Technician Boards
- Learn some basic pharmacology introduction!
No course requirements.