Many foreigners have a wide variety of speaking patterns that seem strange to Americans. This course can help you understand these potential areas of difficulty. You'll learn a wide variety of tones that help you to put the right feeling behind the things you say.
In this course, you will learn the pronunciation of single English sounds. We will go over both how to make the sounds and examples of those sounds in common English words and phrases.
The ONLY way we can master the American Accent with American English Conversation and Pronunciation is to retrain our tongue and soft palette muscles to create these American English pronunciation sounds and rhythms that your body is just not used to making. I will be providing you with specific exercises focusing on the sound and feel of specific American English conversation "Targeted" sounds and how they link to each and every consonant. In addition, I will share specific singing techniques to help create reliable muscle memory that you can call upon instantly. This technique has helped so many of my accent reduction students master the American Accent a lot faster.
By the end of this course you would have gone through every possible combination of sounds. There will be nothing you will come across that we haven't covered in your practice. Our goal is to make sure these improvements are retained, so you can call upon them when you need them. That will involve practicing on your end. If you commit to the practice exercises you will improve your American English Pronunciation skills much more rapidly.
You will be able to see my face and mouth clearly in each video lesson.
Each lesson focuses on a single idea, and each is comprehensive. You can go at your own pace and should take your time, with lots of practice between videos. Replaying each lesson is highly recommended.
- Anyone whose first language isn't English.
- Anyone who want to master the American Accent.
- Anyone who wants to improve their communication skills.
- Anybody who wants to speak English clearly and confidently should take this course.
- Speak English words with confidence.
- Use rules to guess the pronunciation of most words.
- Hear the difference between words that are almost the same.
- Apply what you have learned about English pronunciation to your English accent.
- How to speak American English dynamically and with intention.
- Have a deeper knowledge of the American rhythm.
- A basic understanding of English vocabulary and grammar.
- A commitment to your practice to improve your American English.