Delivering a well thought through business case is crucial if you are going to have any chance of having that case approved. On too many occasions people submit subpar business cases which are either too long, too short, too complex or too vague. Creating a business case that strikes the right balance is a fine art, and this course will show you the steps required to do just that.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to pull together an effective business case.
- The key process steps you need to complete.
- Key things to look out for when creating your case.
- Hints and tips on how to increase your chances of approval.
This course is about delivering concise, to the point and effective business cases that attract and keep the readers attention, tell a story and include the right amount of detail. The method followed in this course has been tried and tested by myself, your instructor, plus many other people in business, on numerous occasions, all with the outcome of having the business case in question approved.
In the past year I have submitted 30 business cases in my current organisation, and ALL have been approved first time due to the fact that they have followed this model. These business cases have ranged from small improvement projects to large, transformation projects requiring new hiring, new software installations and structural organisational change. The model works for any size of project!
- Business professionals
- Small business owners
- Project Managers
- Organisational Leaders
- Team Leaders / Managers
- Business Improvement Professionals
- Thanks Robert. Really clear, concise and insightful course that demystified the process of building a good business case ~ N Tomasevic
- What I like about this course is the attention to detail and the clear breakdown. It could not be more straightforward and helpful! ~ Devon H
- I like this course. It gives you very useful advice to assist you to write a good business case ~ Amanda L
- Simple and effective. I started building my case as I watched and what do you know - it got approved first time. So the approach does work :) ~ H Rakardd
- This course is absolutely great. If you need to know how to pull together a great business case in a short period of time - this is the course for you ~ Marie H
- Really simple to follow. Great stuff ~ M Collins
- How to write a business case
- The key steps to a successful business case
- How to successfully present your request
- How to detail the costs and savings associated with the case
- How to present the key benefits of this case to your audience
- The importance of detailing potential risks (something often missed)
- How to hook your audience from Section 1
- The importance of detailing what comes after approval (Again, something often missed)