Upon completion, participants will be familiar with:
- What is Electric Power
- AC & DC Power
- Voltage, Current, & Power Vectors (Phasors)
- Capacitive & Inductive Loads
- Real, Reactive & Apparent Power (Watts, Vars, VA)
- The Dynamometer Wattmeter
- The Energy Meter
- Single-Phase Metering
- Instrument Transformers
- Current & Voltage CT's & PT's
- 3-Wire, Single-Phase Metering
- Polyphase Energy Meters
- 3-Wire, Single-Phase Metering with CT's & PT's
- Metering a 3 Phase 4 Wire Load ("Y" Connected)
- Metering a 3 Phase 3 Wire Load (Delta Connected)
- Measurement Canada Standards
- Blondel’s Theorem
- Phase & Line Relationship
Who this course is for
- Electrical Power Systems Managers, Engineers, Technologists, Maintenance Workers, Students in Engineering
- Anyone who wants to learn power & energy measurement of a three phase system.
- Very thorough and detailed explanations. Very good ~ N Acharya
- A very useful tutorial for understanding power measurement using different wattmeter configurations. It provides a high-level description of the inner connection and elements of a wattmeter. The numerical examples are very useful to understand the concept ~ F Omar
- Clear and simple. Each section is short and concise. Speaker is clear and direct ~ James L
What you'll learn
- The student will understand the physics of electrical power, the instrumentation involved in the measurement of single and three phase power flow.
- Example: Understanding digital & analog Wattmeters, Kwhr Meters, polyphase connections.
- You should have a basic understanding of single and three phase power systems.
- You should have the basic understanding of an electrical three phase power system.