In today's modern professional landscape, where technology has become an integral part of our lives, email communication has emerged as a crucial tool for individuals across various industries. It has revolutionized the way we interact and collaborate, making it essential to master the art of email etiquette. By doing so, you and your team members can create a more efficient and professional work environment, leading to increased productivity and success.
During the course, we will explore in-depth the "dos and don'ts" associated with different aspects of email communication. This comprehensive approach will cover a wide range of topics, ensuring that you gain a thorough understanding of how to effectively communicate through email. From crafting compelling email subject lines to maintaining a professional tone, we will delve into the intricacies of email etiquette, equipping you with the necessary skills to excel in your professional endeavors. So, get ready to enhance your email communication skills and unlock your full potential in the digital workplace!
Email Structure and Email Composition
- Email Length
- Subject Lines
- Formality (Including "Greetings")
- Use of Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Signing Off with Your Name
- Response Time
- Use of "You" instead of "I"
- Copying – Reply or Reply All?
- Including New Recipients in Email Chains
- Out-of-Office Messages
- Drafting with an Empty “To Field”
- Handling Attachments
- Importance and Urgency Marking
- Proper Time and Date Formats
- Use of Oxford Commas
- Spacing after Sentences
- Email vs. E-mail
- Handling Names and Their Variations
- Addressing Individuals by Nicknames
- Proper Email Proofreading Techniques
- Avoiding the Use of ALL CAPS
- Following Up on Conversations
- Transitioning from Conversation to Calendar Events
- Utilizing Autocomplete
By addressing these elements, participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of effective email communication, enhancing their professional interactions and overall productivity.
Who this course is for
Professionals who send and receive a high volume of emails.
What you'll learn
- A writing style that is friendly, yet professional
- The etiquette of email communication
- An ability to envision how your readers want your emails to look
- Tools to increase the percentage of your emails that receive a reply