Do you already have a reasonable command of general English, but want to improve your ability to communicate in business or professional situations? And do so in an effective yet enjoyable way? Then Essential Business English is just the course for you!
Each of the ten lessons begins with a fully animated dialogue, set in a fictional UK fashion company called Chic Boutique. The dialogues present the key language you need to communicate effectively in a wide range of common business situations.
The situations include:
- making a presentation
- participating in a meeting
- speaking on the phone
- negotiating an order
- scheduling an appointment
- taking part in a job interview
- making and dealing with complaints
Each dialogue is presented in two versions: with and without subtitles, and is complemented by:
- a quiz to test your comprehension
- a listen and repeat activity to help you improve your pronunciation and intonation
- a role play where you will have the opportunity to use the key language in a simulated dialogue
- a series of questions for you to answer about the lesson topic
- a listening comprehension passage related to the topic of the lesson
All the audio material has been recorded by professional voice actors with authentic British or American accents, and each lesson comes with a ten-page downloadable PDF workbook, which contains:
- a full transcript of the dialogue
- language notes explaining key grammar and vocabulary points
- a word list featuring definitions of the vocabulary used in the lesson
- language exercises
- a crossword
- a word search puzzle
The majority of these activities are also available in interactive online versions.
At the end of each lesson, there’s a Final Quiz, to test what you have learnt.
So, enrol today, and start learning the English you need for your professional career.
Who this course is for
Intermediate-level students who wish to improve their business or professional English skills.
- Best for those who hail from English schools and have a proper command on the language. This course doesn't grab attention from basics but performs the work of polishing fluency over accuracy ~ S Samant
- This course surprised me, because the lessons are very complete and make us practice ~ F Vaz
- Nice animations, great explanations of words and grammar ~ N Daca-Radtke
- Yes. It gave a good groundwork to Business English. Liked the cutaway humour the skits had ~ S Ashok
- I really like the 'language notes' from each session ~ P Patil
- The course is simple, yet beautifully presented and well thought out! Got better insights on how to communicate effectively both in person and over phone ~ G Shanker
- Really it was a nice experience to have a such learning particles with great examples. Learnt how to spell the words and gramatical mistakes ~ S Mallela
- Interesting course… It highlights the common mistakes of business English ~ H Alrifai
- It is another way to learn english using virtual audio visual technology. very good. thanks ~ T Haryawan
- Really like the exercises and enforcing the concepts in this course. easy to understand and learn ~ G Nicholas
What you'll learn
- Understand the English used in a wide range of business and professional situations.
- Learn and practise key language expressions for use in business and professional contexts.
- Learn over 500 words of vocabulary.
- Improve grammar and reading skills.
- You should have at least an intermediate level of English (minimum B1 under the Common European Framework of Languages).
- You should be able to understand simple everyday conversations and texts relating to topics you are familiar with.
- You should be willing to spend time working on the additional resources provided in addition to watching the videos.