When it comes to learning how to sketch a standing female figure facing us, it is important to have a framework that can assist us in maintaining proper proportions. This framework is specifically designed to closely resemble the body proportions of a real figure, as our ultimate goal is to create more realistic fashion sketches that we can use for our own purposes. By following just a few lines, I will demonstrate how to achieve this in a simple and effective manner.
To enhance our skills in quick fashion figure sketching, it is highly beneficial to start with exercises that are similar to those used for teaching kids how to write the alphabet. These exercises can provide a solid foundation for beginners and help them grasp the fundamental concepts of figure sketching.
To make this learning process easier for you, I have prepared downloadable and printable worksheets that you can utilize. The first worksheet consists of completed figures within six section frameworks, as well as empty frameworks. This arrangement allows you to first trace over the completed figure, gaining a sense of the proportions, and then attempt to replicate it within the empty framework, gradually developing your own skills.
By consistently practicing these exercises, you will gradually develop your ability to sketch a standing female figure with accuracy and confidence. It is crucial to pay close attention to the proportions and utilize the framework as a guide throughout this learning journey.
With time and dedicated practice, you will be amazed at how you can create cool sketches that truly capture the essence of the human form.
So let's embark on this exciting journey of learning and improving our sketching skills, and unlock the potential within us to create beautiful and lifelike representations of the female figure.
What you'll learn
- This course will help you to master the technique of very quick fashion figure sketches in front view and back view.
- After a short training, you'll be able to draw quick working sketches for yourself to depict your ideas.
- Drawing the figure is usually a more complicated task than drawing clothes.
- With my technique, you can concentrate on the creative side of your work without studying figure drawing for a long time.
- This course is for beginners in drawing.
- For sketching, you need only sketchbook, graphite pencil and eraser.
- Also, I prepared worksheets for you to download and to print.
- You have to start from kind of a framework which makes first steps easier.