We humans rarely agree. We argue and debate and nothing ever seems to be resolved. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could cut through the clutter and create consensus for your ideas and proposals? Of course it would. But to get there, you have to stop arguing and start asking questions.
In this program, author and Humanist Jennifer Hancock will discuss recent research on how ideas are formed and changed to help you learn how to more effectively persuade people to your point of view. Understanding why and how to turn conversations around using Socratic questioning techniques will help you frame the underlying moral debate to your advantage.
- 3 video lectures
Amount of time required to complete program: ~50 minutes
Learning how to persuade and influence people is an essential life skill. Learning how to influence people without being a jerk is priceless. If you want to learn how to win arguments by not arguing, take this course.
Who this course is for
- Anyone who wants to learn the art of persuasion
- Life Coaches
- Conflict Management Professionals
- I like the instructor's style of communication. She is engaged and passionate about the subject she is discussing. She injects humor to keep it interesting. And what she is saying is applicable and makes sense. She also uses great examples ~ Allison L
- Thanks for the course, Jen! It seems this approach will allow me to build skills that I already endorse, but at which I do not yet excel. Your concept and approach make total sense to me, and I think I'll learn a lot ~ D McLean
- Open other folks up to my ideas by being open to theirs? That sounds like the kind of world I want to live in! :) ~ X Heveron
- Essentials for keeping your cool while others are not. Valuable tools to engage without entanglement ~ J Beale
- Very short and precise course. Awesome!!! ~ Ishrath
- Very straight forward and to the point! ~ J Ebert
- Excellent explanations of the strategy ~ A Fischmann
What you'll learn
- Have a better understanding of how to use the Socratic Method to persuade
- Understand what science tells us works to help people change their minds
No prior knowledge required.