A mechanical engineering undergraduate and graduate often tend to overlook the importance of learning about Machine Shop. However, it is crucial to understand that this subject is just as significant as Thermodynamics, Strength of Material, Fluid Mechanics, and other essential subjects in the field.
The purpose of the Machine Shop course is to cater to individuals who have little to no experience in Machine Shop or Workshop Technology. Throughout the duration of this course, the aim is to provide a concise yet comprehensive understanding of various Machine tools such as Lathe Machine, Shaper, Planer, Slotter, Drilling Machine, and Milling Machine.
Now, let's delve into what exactly a Machine Shop (Workshop Technology) entails:
- A machine shop can refer to a room, building, or even an entire company where machining, a form of subtractive manufacturing, takes place. Within a machine shop, skilled machinists utilize machine tools and cutting tools to fabricate parts, typically using materials like metal or plastic. However, it is worth noting that sometimes other materials, such as glass or wood, may also be used.
- A little machine shop can range from a small business, such as a job shop equipped with a single or multiple machinery, to a designated area within a larger factory, whether it be a toolroom or a production area specifically dedicated to manufacturing.
- Each modern machine shop possesses its own unique set of machine tools and machinery, which may vary in terms of quantity, capability, and expertise focus.
Upon completion of this course, individuals will have the opportunity to pursue various job roles within the field of Machine Shop. Some potential career paths include:
- Precision Machine Shop Operators
- Workshop Technology Instructors
- Workshop Technology Foremen, and
These roles offer diverse opportunities for individuals to apply their newfound knowledge and skills in a practical setting.
So, if you are eager to expand your horizons and acquire valuable expertise in Machine Shop, don't hesitate to enrol in this beginner friendly course.
Start your learning journey today and unlock a world of possibilities in the exciting realm of machining and manufacturing. Take the first step towards a rewarding career by enrolling now!
Who this course is for
- Mechanical engineering students - Graduates and Undergraduates.
- Freshman engineering students from all branches.
- Machine shop hobbyist and Machinists.
- This is the best course for beginners who want to learn about Workshop. Every topic is nicely presented by showing actual video. The ppt slides are also good ~ Abhik M
- Very good course. Explained in detail. Thanks ~ Girish P
- Perfect for anyone who is starting in the workshop field !! ~ Prayag S
- Very nice. Very useful ~ Idris Umar Y
- Probably the best course for workshop theory ~ Pradeep R
What you'll learn
- Metal cutting mechanism - Chip formation, Types of cutting tool, Tool signature, Cutting tool nomenclature
- Lathe Machine - Types, Construction, Accessories and attachments, Specification, Mechanism, Operations, Taper turning, Drilling on lathe, Cutting speed and Feed
- Drilling Machine - Construction, Types, Twist drill geometry, Operations and Mechanism, Specification, Cutting speed and Feed
- Shaper - Working principle, Construction, Types, Mechanism, Operations
- Planer - Types and working principle
- Slotter Machine - Construction, Operations
- Milling Machine - Working principle, Milling methods, Milling cutters, Types, Specification, Operations, Indexing and dividing head.
Just a keen and curious mind.