In the power systems analysis field of electrical engineering, a per-unit system is the expression of system quantities as fractions of a defined base unit quantity. Calculations are simplified because quantities expressed as per-unit do not change when they are referred from one side of a transformer to the other.
In this course you will learn exactly what Per Unit Analysis is, the main advantages of using it, how manufacturers of equipment use and rate their products and the technique of converting to and from the Per Unit system.
Several examples of working with Per Unit are demonstrated in this crisp clear presentation. When you finish you will have a though understanding of this subject.
It is important for all power engineers and technicians to be familiar with the concept of Per Unit as it is being used and referred to every day in power flow, short circuit evaluation and motor starting studies.
- Maintenance Personnel working in the electrical power protection industry.
- The best practical explanation I have seen to date. Awesome. Thank You ~ M West
- Yes, graphics were carefully prepared and explanations are easy to follow ~ A F Carrero
- Great step by step walkthrough of AC Analysis ~ C Hayden
- Very well presented. The approach to this subject was excellent ~ Yeprem A
- This course is one of the best courses you would need for setting up a solid foundation on power system analysis. As a new learner, I love the courses Graham is offering. They are all in good quality and well demonstrated. Knowledge is invaluable. Thanks so much for these great courses Graham! ~ Hannah
- It filled the blanks in my three phase calculation understanding. Thanks ~ Karolina
In this course, you will learn exactly what Per Unit Analysis is and how manufacturers of equipment use it to rate their equipment.
The student should have an understanding of the laws and theorems related to three phase electrical power systems.