Do you conduct any type of procurement or purchasing for your business in Construction? This course is designed with you in mind!
Following this course you will have the confidence to conduct the procurement process from start to finish, and make good, ethical recommendations to your business. You will gain the knowledge of the processes used by some of the world's largest Contractors to enable you to get the best quality tender returns from your supply chain and how to analyse these to ensure best value and profitability for your business. A lot of these practices and philosophies can be used in other industries too!
Learn from an experienced UK trained Quantity Surveyor with experience in the UK and Australia on over A$6bn / £3.3bn worth of projects.
We will look at:
- What is Procurement and who is involved?
- What documents and processes do you need before you can conduct good quality procurement?
- How to conduct the Tender Process
- How to Analyse tender returns and make your Recommendation
- How to conduct Ethical Procurement
- Supplier Management
This course looks at procurement from the Contractor involvement side for any Design and Build, Construct only, PPP and Management Contracting procurement routes, where the Contractor is responsible for procuring goods, services and Subcontractors. Although there are many common concepts shared with Client side Quantity Surveyors, this course is not tailored in this area.
Who this course is for
- Procurement Officers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Contract Managers
- Construction Managers
- Project Managers
- Civil Engineers
- Site / Project Engineers
- Very informative, and great content ~ T Odeh
- I acquired some good knowledge. This course is very enriching and very much well detailed. Thank you ~ Eswaree K
- This is a great course that covers pertinent topics to my role as a Project Manager ~ Orville C
- Complete beginner and the course is at a perfect pace to absorb the information without being overwhelming.
- Only an hour or so in but well worth the price and time I've invested so far! ~ M Gascoigne
- This course was exactly what I have been looking for. It was clear and concise but also covered all the key areas required. I would highly recommend this course! ~ D Fisher
- Just the course i was looking for. I am just staring in procurement, and was looking for a guide to make me more confident. The instruction is clear and detailed, lots to take on board ~ Stacey
- This is a fantastic, easy to read and listen to, comprehensive and extremely well presented course on procurement. This course is for all level candidates whether beginner, intermediate or expert. All students regardless of level will learn a phenomenal amount from this presentation. Highly recommend as Daniel shares a lot of his experience over the years in a easy to listen to, highly educational manner and all of information is relevant to the now! This course includes everything you need to know with regards to procurement ~ L Philbin
- As a complete beginner this course has been really accessible and informative ~ Adam S
What you'll learn
- What is procurement and who is involved in the process
- What processes should be in place before starting
- How to research the market for appropriate tenderers
- How to package up and issue a tender to the market
- How to accurately analyse tender returns and make a recommendation
- Ethical procurement
- Differences between Procurement and Purchasing
- A basic understanding of either construction or procurement, and a willingness to learn.
- Things are described clearly at each step, and as it is a reasonably comprehensive guide, you may want to make notes as you go along of key items to take away.