Here we deal with the protection & control principles of high voltage stations. HV Bus Differential Protection is studied along with restrictions due to CT saturation & mis-match and its solution, “Restraint Differential Protection”.
Starting with System Faults and how they affect Switchyard Configuration & Elements simple “Differential Protection” is examined along with the mal-operation due to CT saturation and mis-match.
High Voltage Circuit Breakers are examined as to the various Types (Oil, Vacuum, Air Blast, SF6), their Controls (Closing/Tripping/anti-pumping) Reclosure Syncrocheck relay CUH 90 – VG as well as Breakers Failure Protection is part of this module along with a quick look at Dynamic Monitoring Equipment. Transfer & remote tripping along with the need to provide immunity from ground rise potential and open circuit situations.
- The various protection concepts were well described using animated visual aids that helps the student process the information better ~ Willie L
- Very good course and very clear. The course content flowed well ~ W Shisler
- The words I would use to express my gratitude for this great course are not sufficient to reflect how valuable this course for all deep knowledge seekers. This man presented a world class knowledge that you cannot easily find on the internet but he made sure it is combined in one course with all information needed to tackle those technicalities with great skills and profound understanding of the subject being discussed. I think this man for his time and sincere effort to raise and elevate the skills of the global community of students! ~ H Al Radhwan
- Perfect match, straight forward and to the point. Thanks ~ Gonzalo
- Here we deal with the protection & control principles of high voltage stations. HV Bus Differential Protection is studied along with restrictions due to CT saturation & mis-match and its solution, “Restraint Differential Protection” System Faults; Switchyard Configuration & Elements; The DESN Station (Duel Element
- System Faults; Switchyard Configuration & Elements; The DESN Station (Duel Element Spot Network); HV Bus Differential Protection; CT Saturation & Mal-operation of Bus Protection; CT Saturation & Restraint Differential Protection; Westinghouse KD - 4 Relay; Surge Protective Devices; Fuses; DC Protection; Logic Differential Protection; The Modern IED Relays (Intelligent Electronic Device); Overview HV Circuit Breaker Types (Oil, Vacuum, Air Blast, SF6); HV Circuit Breaker Controls (Closing & Tripping); HV Circuit Breakers; Reclosing (Syncrocheck CUH 90 – VG Relay); Dynamic Monitoring Equipment (DME); Impedance Relaying (POTT)
A solid background in electrical circuitry.