I firmly believe that animation is a magnificent art form. Often, when people think of "animation," they conjure images of the great Disney animators, which can be intimidating and may lead them to believe that animation is beyond their reach.
Are you interested in mastering the art of creating rotoscope animation? Let me assure you that learning to animate is far more achievable than you might imagine. I have developed this course with the aim of dispelling the misconception that animation is overly complex. I genuinely believe that anyone can learn to animate.
In this course, I will guide you through the process of creating rotoscoping animation from scratch using the program Rough Animator. You will discover how to integrate rotoscoped animation into your videos, or even use it to craft a fully animated short clip. Furthermore, I will show you how to utilize it as an animated looping GIF, opening up a world of creative possibilities.
By the end of this class, you will have the roto art skills to bring your videos to life through captivating rotoscoped animation, even if you have little to no prior experience in the field.
Are you thinking, "I can't draw"? Not everyone who animates needs to have drawing skills. In fact, some of the most captivating animations are created using stick figures or bouncing balls. Let me introduce you to the tools that will help you begin making your own animations.
Why Choose Rough Animator?
As a professional independent animation maker, I have utilized various 2D animation software over the years. Currently, Rough Animator is my preferred choice. It offers the power and rich features necessary for me to complete professional-level animated projects. Its minimalist interface makes it user-friendly and easy to learn. While there are more comprehensive software packages available, Rough Animator will certainly deliver the same level of quality for your project.
This course is designed for anyone interested in animation, whether as a hobby or as a new skill to add to their illustration repertoire.
I've kept the course concise so that you can start animating in under two hours.
Who this course is for
- Beginners and people wanting to learn how to animate with the program Rough Animator.
- Illustrators looking to add an easy to learn 2D animation software to their skillset.
What you'll learn
- Users will know how to use Rough Animator.
- Comprehensive overview of the toolset & interface of Rough Animator.
- Create your own Quicktime, GIF & PNG image sequences.
- Have the ability to create your own animation.
- You will need a computer or tablet (like an iPad) that can run the program Rough Animator.
- A stylus like an Apple Pencil or Wacom pen is recommended but not necessary.
- You do not need to know how to draw to take this course.