Analyzing Asymmetrical Three Phase Power.
This Course “Short Circuit Analysis for HV Three Phase Systems” introduces the student to the basic concepts of fault studies on a high voltage three phase system. With the help of a quick review of “Per Phase” & “Per Unit” methodologies system faults are analyzed with the use of symmetrical components. System modeling is then used in order to aid in the process, with the ability to move between asymmetrical and symmetrical systems.
- Maintenance Personnel working in the electrical power protection industry.
- A great dive into the details of short circuit analysis. I am requesting the lecturer kindly to share more knowledge about different topics like electrical machines design e.g generators and motors and dive in details as he is doing now. He will enrich the arena of power systems with his A class knowledge. The lecturer is clear and back his tutorial with many examples. He is one of the best instructors I ever listen to ~ H Al Radhwan
- Highly recommended course for anyone trying to gain an understanding of fault current analysis ~ P Shukla
- At the end of this Course the student will understand the basic concepts of fault studies on a high voltage three phase system.
- The student will understand the methodologies of system faults and be able to analyse faults using symmetrical components.
- System modeling is then used to aid in the process, with the ability to move between asymmetrical and symmetrical systems.
The student should have an understanding of the laws and theorems related to three phase electrical power systems, Per Unit Values and Symmetrical Components.