I strongly believe in the utmost importance of proper flight planning, as it is a skill that is often overlooked within the current drone education system. In fact, flight planning can truly be the determining factor between saving a life and losing one, which is why it is absolutely crucial to know how to execute it correctly and avoid any unfortunate circumstances that may arise.
This comprehensive course that I am offering covers everything you need to know about proper drone flight planning. We leave no stone unturned as we delve into the intricacies of this essential skill. From locating the necessary legal documents and familiarizing yourself with the relevant regulations to understanding and interpreting aeronautical charts, we explore every aspect of drone planning, starting from the very basics.
Throughout the course, we will explore a wide range of topics that are vital to your understanding of proper flight planning. We will delve into technical drone information, aviation documentation, air law, airspaces, aeronautical charts, risk assessment, emergency response, aviation weather, and so much more. Rest assured, all of these topics will be taught to an international standard, ensuring that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to plan your drone missions effectively and safely.
Allow me to introduce myself, I am Josh, a SACAA accredited drone instructor with over 4 years of industry experience. Having witnessed the information gaps that exist within the industry, I understand the importance of providing comprehensive and detailed instruction. I am well aware that the most vital information is often missing, leaving drone operators ill-prepared and uncertain.
If you currently fly drones or are considering doing so, it is absolutely essential that you know how to plan your missions properly. There is no question about it. If you still find yourself feeling nervous about individual flights or if you simply want to enhance your understanding of flight planning, I warmly invite you to join me on this course. Together, we will ensure that you have the knowledge and confidence to plan your drone missions with precision and expertise.
Who this course is for
- If you want to become part of the drone industry, do this course.
- If you hold a license but feel ill-equipped for your next skills test.
- Drone operators who get nervous when they want to fly their drone.
- Anybody who doesn't know about drones but wants to start.
- Josh is my personal instructor. What a knowledgeable young man who knows his field very well. He has patience and a wicked sense of humor. He is a credit to his ATO (Aviation Training Organisation). Keep it up Josh ~ Riaan Van Zyl (South African Police Service)
- Learned so much and I find it easy to keep up with the new terms and information given. Thanx for being a great instructor ~ Henriette Whiteley (South African Police Service)
- Thank you so much for the detailed lesson. I now have a better understanding of how to use Google Earth as I had difficulty doing so previously. I would highly recommend this course to anyone wanting to start a career in the aviation industry. Thank you once again ~ Mishkaah Cassiem (South African Police Service)
- Very informative. Good for beginners and those hoping to renew their licenses. Map and chart reading is top notch ~ Naison Kombo (National Drone Pilot)
- This is the simpliest and most effective way of presenting this subject, Josh really knows his stuff. Already thinking about joining the next course ~ Aobakwe Mothibi (Student Drone Pilot)
- Well done Josh, good and easily understandable course. Covered all uncertain aspects for RPL/RPC renewals! ~ Paul (Drone Pilot And Operator)
What you'll learn
- Safely and legally plan a drone flight, no matter where you are in the world!
- Plan flights according to your regulations, equipment limitations, and airspace restrictions.
- Navigate resources of information to help establish the proper way to operate a drone.
- Plan a flight using information that is often overlooked or not dug into in ATOs/schools.
- Identify and know how to safely execute a drone mission from start to finish.
- No previous flight or drone handling experience needed.
- Recommended to have a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer - most efficient.
- Needs to have wifi or data to utilise this course to it's fullest extent.